Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Special Forces

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:38 PM
  • 41 Replies

Is anyone's husband in SF at Eglin?  I'm just curious if he is gone a lot. I'm a big girl I can live with my hubby gone I'm just curious as to what I have in store for myself lol.  

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:34 AM
We are not SF but I have a friend who is and is stationed there now. Not sure how much they deploy, but she's been there since last Summer with out deployment notice or TDY.
TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I knew a lot of SF and most did deploy frequently. That was 3 years ago though and things change so maybe less now. Have you joined the Eglin Moms FB group? I'm sure some ladies on there would have a better answer!
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:49 AM

My dh isn't SF, but I have a lot of friends whose dh's are.  Yes, he will be gone often.  That's what SF does.

Mmackay
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

He's at sage now then just language. He will just be sf

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

OP: by SF do you mean Army Special Forces or AF Security Forces?  My previous reply was about Army Special Forces.  I know nothing about AF security forces.

Mmackay
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Army. Sorry. 

Mmackay
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I love my husband but man do it get a lot of stuff done when he's gone lol. 

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Good, then my first response was correct.  I think everyone else was talking about AF Security Forces (MP's to us Army folks).  You might want to change your title to Special Forces, especially since Eglin is an Air Force base.

Quoting Mmackay:

Army. Sorry. 

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Not me, hope you find more people :).

omerciful1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

He will be gone a fair amount. Between deployments, schools and training for upcoming deployments he will rather busy. My husbands typical schedule was 9 months gone and 6 months home- during the 6 months home there were schools, training and all of that fun stuff. Honestly, it depends on his job and their rotation schedule that will determine how things will be. Normally the families are pretty close and take care of each other when the guys are gone. It's really a different atmosphere and attitude compared to "big Army". All in all it's a good gig. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)