Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Hello!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hello everyone I am new to the site! I joined mostly to get some information. We will be pcsing to Fort Jackson, SC over the summer and I was wondering if any of your husbands are stationed there? If so, what are some nice areas to live in? Good middle schools? ( our daughter is going into 6th grade). We don't want to live any further than about 30 min from post and just looking to rent a townhouse/ apartment. Any information will be greatly appreciated :) thank you!
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Good luck with the PCS!

Check out Moving House for the Military Spouse on Facebook if you want to see housing for that base. As for out in town...I don't know...Zillow? We were at a different (crappy) base in SC so I can't help much other than to say invest in bug spray, if Ft Jackson is ANYTHING like Beaufort you need something with at least 40% DEET and you'll still get bit, just not as much.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Welcome to the group! Sorry I dont have any information for you. GL
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Welcome! We found the house we rent on ahrn.com. Can't give you any info on Ft Jackson. GL!
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Welcome!  We are in VA so I'm no help but hope you find the info you are looking for.

carolina_gal
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Welcome! We are in Charleston where my husband retired.  We love the Columbia area.  So much to do all the time. 

Jacqueline617
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Thanks ladies!!
TAG9lbs
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Never been a gf was stationed there and complained about alligators and parking issues. If the bug issues are a problem and u get a little yardage Home Depot has some great mosquitoes killers just don't run the machine too close to a play area. The design on most of them is to attract the mosquitoes to it before killing it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)