Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Facebook

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

This is NOT meant to offend anyone.  Is sharing a Facebook a military thing. I've never seen that done until my husband joined. 

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Do you mean couples sharing a FB account? My dh and I never have, but i have friends, military and not militar, who do.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Maybe... I know a couple people that share a FB, but the majority of my friends don't.

Mmackay
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Ya, sorry I should of clarified. The only couples I know that share are military that's why I asked. 

Quoting cocoroo: Do you mean couples sharing a FB account? My dh and I never have, but i have friends, military and not militar, who do.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

We don't. I think it is a little odd but whatever. I don't want to see ll the lame crap his friends post and he would be bored with my friends status updates. Most of the time I think it is a trust issue.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

No...  It's a personal choice what people do.  Surprisingly not everything is military related.  I have many non-military friends who share.  Dh and I do not. 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Nooooo way. My husband and I don't share all of the same opinions/philosophies/viewpoints on different subjects. There are things he spouts off about that I honestly don't even want to be associated with.
3Rasberries
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Nope. We do not share one. I know people who are not in the military and share one. I think it depends on the couple. We have more separate friends than we have common friends so we do not feel the need to share. 

sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I only have 1 military friend that shares. All my other friends who share have nothing to do with the military.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I have a personal facebook page and then I have a family page. I was getting all kinds of friend requests. I didn't know half of who they were. So I set up a "family" page. My kids play games on it and mostly his side of the family are on there. He would not make a page for himself. Ugh! I want to stay in touch with some but I don't want my kids on my own page, plus I am my own neighbor for games. It helps me keep track of my kids' activity too. When I feel they are ready for their own page, I will get them an account. They are not even old enough without parental permission anyway.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband wants nothing to do with fb. I mainly use mine to share pictures with family and friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)