Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Anyone else have this happen?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

My dh doesn't have his license (yes everyone is getting on him to get it, he just had a tramatic experience and doesn't want to drive) and I have to drive him everywhere. Incuding to PT in the mornings and blah blah blah. Well when I'm trying to get in or out of the parking lot, the soldiers, male and female, will just stand in my way. They will look at me, and continue talking. There is plenty of other room to move to the side, they are not being forced to stand there. So I have to wait till they have the decency to move or back up onto a hill filled with other cars and turn around.

Most of the time I'm there for a good 15-20min till they have to go to formation because I can't back up. Sometimes when I'm driving out a few will walk out in front of my car and continue walking in my way till they go to their cars, knowing full well what they are doing. About an hour ago, I was trying to get out of the parking lot and 4 people were standing in the way, one nice guy moved and kept looking at the others to move but they just stood there!

I don't know these people! Most aren't even in dh's troop! So why are they being so fricken rude! Is it because I'm not in the army?! These soldiers are worse than highschoolers at getting in the way and being rude when you're trying to drive!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm proud and grateful for each one of these soldiers. They are doing a great service and have sacrificed a lot. But it's hard to think nicely of them when I have a crying baby in the car and the only reason I can't get home is because of them. Come on, grow up and be courteous.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by Ashley on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Ask them to move?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I have, they act like they don't hear me.

Quoting asaffell:

Ask them to move?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Rev the engine.
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Slowly inch toward the assholes until they move. I don't know. Honestly I have never had that happen. It would piss me off though. If it happened enough I would throw my car in park and get out and confront them. Not the smartest thing to do but I don't like being dismissed like that.

LinnyAnne
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea that. I'd keep inching forward and if they don't move. Keep going until you about tap them. Or say something to your husband??

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Slowly inch toward the assholes until they move. I don't know. Honestly I have never had that happen. It would piss me off though. If it happened enough I would throw my car in park and get out and confront them. Not the smartest thing to do but I don't like being dismissed like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Did he ever have a license? 

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Lay on the horn until they move. Never had this happen but if I did I would lay on the horn, roll down the window and scream "get out of the fucking road assholes!!" If they still didnt move I'd start driving, they'll move or become roadkill their choice.

Oh and I would give 30 seconds tops before laying on my horn, 1 minute in im driving.
Hengepeck2227
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Id keep inching back and beep til they move!
erin708
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I would lay on my horn. That's crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Ive always been told you cant be in the military without a valid drivers license.

Id ask them to move our inch forward/rev car.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)