Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

do you use your military Star Card? i got a surprise!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

I never saw the rewards part because I pay my bill via cell phone. So I got online and saw Rewards 4,263! Holy crap, so I thought OK, is $4.23, that's Cool.
But nope, it was $42.63! Yeah!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Nice.  We use our's for gas and nothing else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I don't remember what we spent our money on back then. But it's paid off, I was just checking to see if we owed anything. This was pretty awesome. Especially since we had the other star card and no rewards on that one.

Quoting cocoroo:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't used the Star Card in years, the exchange at our last base SUCKED ass so we didn't even bother.

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I don't know what that is but great!

sahmw2010
by Beth on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting cocoroo:

kmeow
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:30 PM

My husband signed us up for a star card. He kept using it for gas and forgetting to pay it immediately so we got stuck with the interest.. I cut them up and went with a lower interest credit card, since I'm an emergency credit card only type of girl. I didn't even know you could get rewards from it!

cocoroo
by Coco on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Our interest rate on our Star Card is super low.

Quoting kmeow:

My husband signed us up for a star card. He kept using it for gas and forgetting to pay it immediately so we got stuck with the interest.. I cut them up and went with a lower interest credit card, since I'm an emergency credit card only type of girl. I didn't even know you could get rewards from it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:15 PM
What is it?

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting kmeow:

kmeow
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Ours was right about nineteen percent. It was insane. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that my husband didn't have the best credit coming into our marriage and the account was in his name only with me being just an authorized user. We were able to get a much better rate through discover card with myself as the primary.

Quoting cocoroo:

Quoting kmeow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)