• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Event sharing

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • 17 Replies
I wish more women on here would share activities. If I just moved to KS and never heard of the renaissance festival it would be nice to know it is a pretty big deal.

I was stationed in San Diego .CA for 6 yrs and didn't find out till the last 2 that November is a big thank the troops deal. If you go to the area with several amusement parks they all offer major discounts during November. If the active duty member was with you, you could even get free entrance in to Knots Berry Farms.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RKL10
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Well that's good to know since we are in San Diego ca :)
mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

We're in San Diego, my issue is finding things to do that aren't $eaWorld or sponsored by those shitbags.  There's a thing on Saturday that sounded REALLY fun and I was going to take the kids UNTIL I saw "Live Animal Show by $eaWorld" NO THANK YOU.

dawncs
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:31 AM

You can also get into Sea World and other various parks for free for one day to active military members. You can learn more about it at http://wavesofhonor.com/?from=Footer_Nav.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM

There's nothing here to share...

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I would share events, but there's no one else in this group (that I know of) in my area. I joined the local CM group for my city and it's dead as a doornail, which I thought was kind of strange since I live in the 4th largest city in the US. 

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM
It would be nice to share more events!
mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:42 AM

The San Diego Zoo is free every day for Active Duty.

If you're near or on a Marine base find the local MCCS website that will have stuff on it. I assume the Army, Air Force & Navy have something similar.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM

The Cherry Blossom Fest in DC happens every March/April

Beer Fest in Downtown Annapolis is every March

Crab Fest every week at our Casa during MD crab season ;)

Midnight Madness the weekend after black Friday in DT Annapolis all the little shops stay open until midnight and offer wine, food and other spirits :) (One of my favs)

They also have the parade of lights on the Bay in November

Of course the Independence day activities in DT Annapolis is spectacular, its the nations oldest Independence parade. We walk from USNA to main street for the festivities, and go back out on the yard for the fireworks. The pleebs all sing and ooooh and ahhhhh at all of the fireworks on command. 

TAG9lbs
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Have you gone to Fiesta Island? I feel in love with that place during the summers. It is an island across from sea world free to the public and a portion is dog friendly. There is also an enclosed area of water so that no rough waves knocked over LO while the dog ran around free. I just didn't trust the water so I made sure LO didn't drink it just put wet sand on his feet.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

We're in San Diego, my issue is finding things to do that aren't $eaWorld or sponsored by those shitbags.  There's a thing on Saturday that sounded REALLY fun and I was going to take the kids UNTIL I saw "Live Animal Show by $eaWorld" NO THANK YOU.

TAG9lbs
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:56 AM
San Diego and Key West both seemed dead when I initially signed up but I still listed events in there I know of for when someone finds that section of the group.

IMO to someone who has been here a bit the info seems right there in plain sight but to someone new I remember this place being a maze

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I would share events, but there's no one else in this group (that I know of) in my area. I joined the local CM group for my city and it's dead as a doornail, which I thought was kind of strange since I live in the 4th largest city in the US. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)