Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Auto Insurance

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-best-auto-insurance-companies--2014-customer-satisfaction-rankings-232003841.html

USAA is #1.  Do you agree?  Honestly, I do.  I've had State Farm, Allstate and USAA in my lifetime of driving (over 20 years) and USAA has always been awesome when it came to claims.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Yeah, I have to admit that they have been good when it comes to auto claims. They rescued me when my Honda broke down in the middle of nowhere - and when one of DH's soldiers moved his truck for him - and hit a boulder; WTF? - USAA was actually painless and pleasant to work with.

mom2jessnky
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I don't agree, I had a really crappy experience with USAA. I don't know how Geico is so high on that list, they were the WORST for me.

Example... had Geico I made sure several times that I had road side assistance. My car breaks down, I call for my assistance the guy regretfully informs me that I don't have road side assistance but if I have $150 in cash they'll send a tow truck to help me. I freaking LOST it on them and switched insurance companies. Geico is Satan.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Nope, I had an awful experience with USAA. Someone put in a claim against us while we are overseas, and they paid it out without notifying us. We were never in an accident. We just found out after pcsing to another overseas location and here USAA doesn't insure for Norway. So we asked for a copy of our 'clean' insurance record only to get one with a claim. We are disputing it, but still have to get insurance so we are paying triple rates now. It's insane.

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Never have had a problem with USAA and claims. They even covered my car being eaten by a squirrel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM
We use Usaa. Never had to file a claim so no clue on that end, but we like usaa enough.
JMmama
by Kara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I have had good experiences with USAA for claims but we has an experience where twice they dropped the new car from the insurance and put the old car back on. No one could figure out how it happened but somehow it happened twice in a matter of 6 months.
cocoroo
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM

We have had great experiences with USAA for our insurance.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Someone seriously dropped the ball there... 

Quoting USAFamily: Nope, I had an awful experience with USAA. Someone put in a claim against us while we are overseas, and they paid it out without notifying us. We were never in an accident. We just found out after pcsing to another overseas location and here USAA doesn't insure for Norway. So we asked for a copy of our 'clean' insurance record only to get one with a claim. We are disputing it, but still have to get insurance so we are paying triple rates now. It's insane.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Happy to see Liberty Mutual on there since that is who SIL works for and they do our home insurance. Our cars are with Progressive though. I wanted to switch to USAA because I was hoping they'd be cheaper but I've been with Progressive so long they couldn't beat my rate. I was surprised but going with cheaper since hubs hates paying for it at all. Even SIL couldn't beat their rate either and she said it was because of how long we'd been with them and what state we are insured for.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

jas..... are you on the payroll now? LOL

I've never had a problem with USAA. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)