• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any thoughts on this? Female soldier tells cnn how it really is in the military?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
They kept her identity anonymous but man she really put the military and government on blast.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/04/03/nr-intv-fort-hood-soldier-black-hole.cnn.html?/video/us/2014/04/03/nr-intv-fort-hood-soldier-black-hole.cnn&hpt=hp_t2&from_homepage=yes&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Can someone make this clicky?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM
twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh lighten up. I was kidding.

Quoting Anonymous: Well excuse me! Our computer broke and this is all i have at the moment. So sorry!
Quoting twinkersmom:

Dang mobile people! Here:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/04/03/nr-intv-fort-hood-soldier-black-hole.cnn.html?/video/us/2014/04/03/nr-intv-fort-hood-soldier-black-hole.cnn&hpt=hp_t2&from_homepage=yes&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Izsarejman
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this
She is about a lot of things. Morale is low. Leaders gave a WIFFM (what's in it for me) attitude. If it's not going to boost their careers, they are less likely to want to get involved. Psychiatry is subjective and it is only as good as what the patient tells the doctor. Unfortunately in the military, they don't really want to tell the doctor what's going on to the full extent. There's the rank thing. Even a doctor has rank so a private might not have the desire to tell a colonel everything.

I do think from what she said, she hasn't been in that long so this is all adjustment as well.

It seemed like she needed someone to vent to.

I've been taking ambien for many years and never have I felt compelled to do what this guy did. I guess that could be the same as there are millions of gun owners and they haven't been compelled to do what he did either.

Lots of finger pointing to go around.

The morale at any military facility is low and toxic depending on who you ask. They probably talked to a few and she was the most candid.
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:50 PM
9 moms liked this

I think people need to grow the hell up. Did she expect it to be sunshine ND roses? I also think it is pretty stupid to blast your employer like she did. Plus, how much could have actually experienced? Sounds like she probably just listens to other people bitch and passes that information along. The world is in so much trouble with all the entitled, know it all nitwits running around.

bubsiclesmom
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM
This and then some. I'm retired navy and when I was an E4, there used to be a LTJG who started coming in late reeking of alcohol. I told my HM1 at the time and he did nothing. I told the dept head patients were complaining that he smelled like alcohol and I got in trouble by my chief for jumping the chain. A few weeks later he was found hanging in the male head. There were signs and nobody wanted to do anything. This guy had signs and probably didn't feel ready to talk.

I had a few commands that seriously had to be a circle of purgatory Dante forgot to mention.

CNN was once again looking for ratings and she had the best story. She should go flip burgers.

Quoting Izsarejman: She is about a lot of things. Morale is low. Leaders gave a WIFFM (what's in it for me) attitude. If it's not going to boost their careers, they are less likely to want to get involved. Psychiatry is subjective and it is only as good as what the patient tells the doctor. Unfortunately in the military, they don't really want to tell the doctor what's going on to the full extent. There's the rank thing. Even a doctor has rank so a private might not have the desire to tell a colonel everything.

I do think from what she said, she hasn't been in that long so this is all adjustment as well.

It seemed like she needed someone to vent to.

I've been taking ambien for many years and never have I felt compelled to do what this guy did. I guess that could be the same as there are millions of gun owners and they haven't been compelled to do what he did either.

Lots of finger pointing to go around.

The morale at any military facility is low and toxic depending on who you ask. They probably talked to a few and she was the most candid.
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I listened to the entire thing and she really spoke in a lot of generalizations.  Yes, it's tough to be the low ranking person, but the civilian world has a lot of similarities to that; people in higher ranking positions than you often have more say than you in business decisions.  And a lot of times decisions get made without consulting you.  Being an adult isn't always fun and comes with a lot of responsiblity.  Work is hard and doesn't always pay as much as you think you should earn.  It's life.  Grow up.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

I think people need to grow the hell up. Did she expect it to be sunshine ND roses? I also think it is pretty stupid to blast your employer like she did. Plus, how much could have actually experienced? Sounds like she probably just listens to other people bitch and passes that information along. The world is in so much trouble with all the entitled, know it all nitwits running around.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Well said!!!

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)