Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Varicose veins?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

Just wondering if anyone here had a procedure to reduce or eliminate them. I'm starting to research the options and it seems there are several. I'm going for a consult this month to begin the process. Unfortunately mine are just cosmetic--ugly--and not painful, so I doubt insurance will pay for it.

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
My ex-husband had surgery on 19 varicose veins. We had United health care at the time and it was definitely covered. Are yours bulging? Or are you talking about spider veins?
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM
My dr uses shots to in inflame them or what ever... You see them disappear with your own eyes. It lasts a year to a year an a half. I usually get it done in January. Costs about 80
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I have heard Tricare covers it if there is pain but not sure about without pain.
cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I don't have them yet, but looking at my dad's legs and the way his mother's were, they will come eventually.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I had them fixed with EVLT and the results were mixed.  Right leg looks really good and left improved a little, but never got as good as the right.  Insurance paid because they were painful and made my legs swell.  It's a same day procedure, with sedation, but they only do one leg at a time.  There's only a small incision made and then they burn the vein from the inside out.  The worst part for me was having to wear the thigh high compression stockings afterward for six weeks.  Yeah, they were THAT sexy. 

erin708
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM
My friend has. She's has spider veins done too. She nicked one while shaving and was bleeding profusely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM

No experience but good luck!

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I had my spider veins lasered. It hurt like a bitch and for about 3 months post-treatment the area treated actually looked worse because of the bruising. Seriously, it lasted like 3 months. 7 years later though, and the large area I had treated by my knee still looks good. I have another patch on the opposite leg I'm considering having done, but not until next winter. I'm not exaggerating the bruising, it's awful.

JMmama
by Kara on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Good luck!
TAG9lbs
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:42 AM
If it really matters to you plan on seeing a few different doctors. It amazes me how much the bottom line in the medical world revolves around the $$

I grew up in Miami FL. Every time November and December roles around advertisements fill the radio waves of "get one implant get the other free!". Referring to breast implants and some advertisements tell you they can get your insurance to pay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN