Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

It's the Month of the Military Child, Let's Celebrate!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 44 Replies

american flag ribbonApril is the month of the military child!

Let's celebrate our children.

Post a picture of your military child then tell us something about them that makes you smile.

*******************************************************************************************************

Were you a military child?
What is your favorite memory from your childhood relating to the military?

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I'll start. Here are my military children.

These 3 boys make me smile because they are all so close.
The older boys grew up together for several years before the baby was born. They did everything together but are polar opposites when it comes to personality.
When the youngest came along 11 years later, they immediately jumped into protective big brother roles and in turn he absolutely adores them. The youngest really is the heart of our family. His smile lights up a room and warms the coldest heart. He is sweet and loving. Cuddly and sensitive. Fiesty and fierce all wrapped up in one.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I was an Army brat! Here I am at 9 years old in Rothenburg, Germany. This was one of my favorite places to visit. As a child I was fascinated by history and Rothenburg in all of it's medieval glory was my Disneyland..haha

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Cute kids, including you!!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Cute pictures!!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Mobile Photo

Thes are my 3 kiddos. They take moving often like champs. They are always excited to explore the new place. Right now they are bugging me to get to Alaska. Lol. My husband gre up as a military brat. His parents were duel military until he was 5. Then his mom stayed home with them
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Thank you!  :)

Quoting SlapItHigh: Cute kids, including you!!!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM

My oldest DD makes me smile because she is so compassionate. Its something that you just can't teach.... The love that she feels for others is truly beautiful.

Middle DD makes me smile because she the firecracker of the family. She might me small, but she is mighty! Sammy J has the biggest personality in the family!

My baby DS is just that, my baby. He makes me smile because no matter how the question is asked, he loves his mommy the most. He loves Daddy, but loves Mommy more. Even when he's faking sleep I can say I love you, and he always answers to the moon and back.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM

He's my best friend, my joy, and my full-time job! He is wicked smart, feisty, stubborn, and probably a little too much like me :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN