Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Retired/Veteran

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello, I just seen this group off to the side and I see lots about active military. Are there any women on here with husbands either active going thru PTSD or Medically Retired going thru it. 

My husband will be 26 tomorrow and he has gotten alot better. I have had to learn to be there for him in the right way with out help. I had no idea what I was doing. I just would like to hear other womens stories and maybe be able to talk about it. Im in Nashville, TN and I dont think they do much military here. 

Anyways, my name is Megan and Im 27 with 2 kids, 6 1/2 boy and 10 month girl. Married 7 1/2 years. 

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
omerciful1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM

My husband recently medically retired, though not due to PTSD. Is your husband already retired?

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:06 PM
My husband and brother are both active duty with PTSD. My brother will be ETSing at the end of this year. My husband went to counseling and saw a psychiatrist for a while. I went with him a few times when I could. My brother went the same route as my husband but also ended up on anxiety meds for it. Is your DH seeking any type of help?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Welcome to the group!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Welcome to the group Megan! I have no experience with PTSD but hopefully some other ladies can give you some info.

gatorswife1401
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM
My dh is currently going through the MEB/PEB. And he has PTSD along with other medical issues
TAG9lbs
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a prior military female.

I go to my support group on Friday.

I'm not even sure what to say everyone is different in how they deal with it. Admitting it to loved ones is a good start. I've heard some horror stories about telling classmates, co-workers, or a boss. Routines are amazingly helpful for me at least. Just take it slow and I wish you the best.
Hapsand123
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Sorry I ment he is Medically retired. He didnt lose a limb or anything but he has PTSD and memory loss and hearing loss and something else. To be honest I dont know its so much. I pick on him every once in a while when we are having a fun debate about something that has happened and I tell him that he doesnt know cuz he cant remember anyway. lol. He doesnt get offended or or anything. We just laugh and he tickles me or whatever. lol. 

Just a nice story, not a bad one. 

Quoting omerciful1:

My husband recently medically retired, though not due to PTSD. Is your husband already retired?

omerciful1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM

A sense of humor is always a good thing to have. We often make jokes, with the occasional inappropriate ones mixed in for good measure...lol

Quoting Hapsand123:

Sorry I ment he is Medically retired. He didnt lose a limb or anything but he has PTSD and memory loss and hearing loss and something else. To be honest I dont know its so much. I pick on him every once in a while when we are having a fun debate about something that has happened and I tell him that he doesnt know cuz he cant remember anyway. lol. He doesnt get offended or or anything. We just laugh and he tickles me or whatever. lol. 

Just a nice story, not a bad one. 

Quoting omerciful1:

sissy852
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:34 PM

my husband is a vet with ptsd

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN