Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Any non-command sponsorship spouses out there?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • 448 Replies
Hey guys! So I'm looking for a non-command sponsored spouse out there that can give me some info on what to do next? Anyone out there? If so where did u go?
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I am/was command sponsored but just came from one remote (Morón AB, Spain) to another (Stavanger, Norway) and am familiar with being non-command sponsored.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM
5 moms liked this

You got all of the input from other spouses in your previous post. Hello?!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Nope, I have no desire to go non-command sponsored. 

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I just did a ganaric OAH search of Camp Humphries South Korea You said that your DH is an E2? 1,342 is the amount alloted to you for your monthly housing allowance, will that be enough for you and your family? Will you make enough to be able to leave the country every 90 days? ( You can only apply for a tourist Visa to SK if you are not command sponsored ) HERE is a spouses blog that might be more helpful.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:16 PM
E1

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

I just did a ganaric OAH search of Camp Humphries South Korea You said that your DH is an E2? 1,342 is the amount alloted to you for your monthly housing allowance, will that be enough for you and your family? Will you make enough to be able to leave the country every 90 days? ( You can only apply for a tourist Visa to SK if you are not command sponsored ) HERE is a spouses blog that might be more helpful.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:14 PM

other post?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah the Camp Humphreys one

Quoting jas_momof2:

other post?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Take it from us, you are asking for trouble. He knows he has to go without his wife. Get with the program, your husband is going away for a year. If anything happens in that country, you won't get evacuated. Any legal problems, you're on your own, he can't live off post and he is under curfew. He won't be able to afford to have you there and you will have no medical coverage. You can't work there... Are you TRYING to ruin his career?

Be a wife and support him.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM
4 moms liked this

Ok - for the sake of argument, say you go over there because for the life of you, you can't be separated from his hip.  For 1 - you will have to have money to live off base to which he might not get permission to live with you.  2 - You will have to survive on one income as you will not be able to work over there on a tourist visa.  3 - What if you get sick?  You'll have to pay for your own treatment as Tricare will not cover you if you are living there not sponsored.

I really don't think you have thought this beyond the "I don't care what the military does, they will not separate me from my love" aspect...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Well said Jas:)

Quoting jas_momof2:

Ok - for the sake of argument, say you go over there because for the life of you, you can't be separated from his hip.  For 1 - you will have to have money to live off base to which he might not get permission to live with you.  2 - You will have to survive on one income as you will not be able to work over there on a tourist visa.  3 - What if you get sick?  You'll have to pay for your own treatment as Tricare will not cover you if you are living there not sponsored.

I really don't think you have thought this beyond the "I don't care what the military does, they will not separate me from my love" aspect...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)