Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Does anyone live near Ft. Drum?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

We are moving there soon due to my husband's new assignment and we will be buying a house there. I don't know a lot about the area, though, so I am wondering if anyone knows what areas are nice and what to avoid. The house we really like is in Brownville and my husband is flying up there to check out that house and a few others.

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Not a clue, but I LOVE your avi!

mommyrustina
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, thanks! I love yours, too :)

Quoting jas_momof2:

Not a clue, but I LOVE your avi!

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Not me, here's a bump.
TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I've never been. Have you tried looking for FB pages? The base we are at has very helpful "wives" and "moms" pages so maybe they have one too. Good luck :-)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Nope, but good luck:)

AnAnxiousHeart
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Carthage (IMO) is the best area close to post to buy a house. However I highly suggest you spend a few month the area before you buy to get a feel for the area. Brownville is like 30 min away which during winter lake effect snow makes it about 45 minutes away
mommyrustina
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Anything under an hour is fine with my husband. He drives about thirty minutes to work now because he does not like to live too close to post.

While I know it would be ideal to spend a few months there first, I think it would be a painful hassle, ha! We have three young children so moving is a pain and I doubt we would be able to find a place that would let us lease for just a few months.

Quoting AnAnxiousHeart: Carthage (IMO) is the best area close to post to buy a house. However I highly suggest you spend a few month the area before you buy to get a feel for the area. Brownville is like 30 min away which during winter lake effect snow makes it about 45 minutes away

mommyrustina
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM

That is a good idea, thank you!

Quoting TheartAH:

I've never been. Have you tried looking for FB pages? The base we are at has very helpful "wives" and "moms" pages so maybe they have one too. Good luck :-)

LinnyAnne
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Yup we are here! Have been for 4year.. we bought our house two years ago and will probably be here for another 2years
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
We used to live there.We looked at buying but are so glad we didn't. We were only there two years and we never want to go back. Brownsville isn't bad but I really think you should get to know the area before making a purchase.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)