Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Well, that was fun...

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

Sitting at the pharmacy for almost 2 hours waiting on my son's medication.  Woe is me.  Don't you ladies feel sorry for me?  LOL!  I could care in the least...it was peaceful in there and I just sat enjoying my quiet thoughts.  Gotta make the best of it right?  

Anyways...I have a ton of baking to do tonight and tomorrow morning.  Who wants to help me?  I'm making a ton of baked goods for my friend's fundraiser tomorrow.  She's raising money to get a seizure alert dog for her little boy who has multiple disabilities including severe seizures...this little 1 year old has hundreds each day:(  I will be spending most of the day helping her sell baked goods tomorrow after I bake it all!  LOL!

What are you doing this weekend?  

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Birthday weekend! I turn the big 35. I got tickets to Disney on Ice for tomorrow, Monkey should love it and miraculously DH is off and can come. Sunday is my actual birthday so I will be making my cake in the morning. Relaxing in the afternoon and hopefully going to dinner because I don't want to cook and clean up the kitchen :)

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM
If I was close to you, I would buy baked goods in bulk. I really want some yummy homemade cookies and brownies right now, but don't want to make them myself. Good luck with the bake sale!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:43 PM
That's so sweet of you to help! I'm sure she appreciates having a friend like you :-)
We are going to an Easter egg hunt at the zoo tomorrow, relaxing at the beach after church on Sunday and enjoying our last weekend in FL!
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Not doing a darn thing.  :)  Good luck with the bake sale!  I would buy some for sure if I were close.  I would lend a hand baking - just don't ask me to decorate anything.  haha...

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I love baking.  Seriously, I do!  I would love to spend an evening baking!

I'm heading north in a little while for a spring football weekend at college.  Get to check out my new seats for next season, meet up with some friends, and do some tailgating.  I'm ready to have a great weekend!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy Birthday!

Quoting Molimomma:

Birthday weekend! I turn the big 35. I got tickets to Disney on Ice for tomorrow, Monkey should love it and miraculously DH is off and can come. Sunday is my actual birthday so I will be making my cake in the morning. Relaxing in the afternoon and hopefully going to dinner because I don't want to cook and clean up the kitchen :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Love me some football...have fun!

Quoting anchorgurl:

I love baking.  Seriously, I do!  I would love to spend an evening baking!

I'm heading north in a little while for a spring football weekend at college.  Get to check out my new seats for next season, meet up with some friends, and do some tailgating.  I'm ready to have a great weekend!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Yeah, no decorating for me either.  Not my thing.  I'm making cookies, brownies, and muffins.  We will see how well they taste...baking isn't my thing either.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Not doing a darn thing.  :)  Good luck with the bake sale!  I would buy some for sure if I were close.  I would lend a hand baking - just don't ask me to decorate anything.  haha...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Awww!  Thanks:)  

Quoting violinjewel: If I was close to you, I would buy baked goods in bulk. I really want some yummy homemade cookies and brownies right now, but don't want to make them myself. Good luck with the bake sale!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Sounds like a fun weekend for you guys too:)  

She's a great mom...her husband is AF and she used to be AF herself.  She has been through a LOT.  She is only 27 years old and she was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when she was in her early 20s not long after she joined the AF.  She got pregnant then the baby was severely affected by her UC and she lost the baby at 32 weeks.  She now has a little boy who is 1 year old.  He has horrible seizures as well as a shunt, hydrocephalus and he's blind.  Precious little guy, and my son loves him:)  Her colon doesn't work properly so she wears a colostomy bag.  She is SO strong, never complains, and is an amazing mother.  It took a LONG time for her to get processed out of the AF due to her medical issues...she physically suffered a lot during that time, but she never really complained.  

I have nothing but the utmost respect for her, so whatever I can do to help her and her sweet family out, I will gladly do:)

Quoting TheartAH: That's so sweet of you to help! I'm sure she appreciates having a friend like you :-) We are going to an Easter egg hunt at the zoo tomorrow, relaxing at the beach after church on Sunday and enjoying our last weekend in FL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN