Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Have you ever experienced anything paranormal? (OT obvi)

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 42 Replies

Title is pretty self explanatory. ;)

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Yes! I saw a UFO up close in 1990 (I literally thought I was going to die right there and then) and I have psychic dreams.
almburr
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Yes, the school I work at has a ghost. Don't piss her off! Otherwise she is just there. Students and staff have seen her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Yes a lot more then I wish I had :(
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:15 PM

The house I lived in from 8 to 18 was haunted. Absolutely no one will convince me otherwise.

Lots of stuff happened in that house, stuff that was just weird to things that were terrifying (this is probably why the movie Paranormal Activity scared the shit out of me).

One incident was pretty tame, I was in the upstairs bathroom and I was home alone (I was 9)  when I hear someone walking up the stairs (they creaked). So I open the door and no one is coming up the stairs, but they're creaking like someone is, then the doorknob to the master bedroom (only door I could see from this bathroom) jiggles, then creaking like someone is walking downstairs. It was weird, but not particularly scary since I didn't feel threatened or anything.

The worst room in that house was the den, there were 3 bedrooms and a half bath upstairs, downstairs was the full bathroom, living room, dining room, kitchen and den. The den despite being very close to the heater was always at least 15* colder than the rest of the house and was just unnerving to be. I wouldn't ever go in that room with the door shut, EVER. When I was 15 or 16 the carpet was being replaced downstairs, so everything is out of the downstairs, I was home alone talking on the phone walking around, when I wander into the den, I was standing there for a minute or so before I was overcome with absolute dread, just indescribable "I'm FUCKED" dread. I noped the hell out of that room and made my friend stay on the phone with me until my brother got home an hour later.

That's just 2 things that happened there, because that house scared me so badly I won't even drive down that street when I'm home visiting my parents, thankfully they don't live in that house, or on that street anymore,  and their current house isn't creepy.

My first apartment when DH and I were first married also had some eerie things, nothing threatening like the other house, but creepy. Thankfully since then all of my houses/apartments have been good and normal. Which is good since apparently most of the older housing in Beaufort is haunted like crazy. People had all kinds of stuff happen in those houses, I'm glad I picked a good one. :-P

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM

EEK!

Quoting almburr: Yes, the school I work at has a ghost. Don't piss her off! Otherwise she is just there. Students and staff have seen her.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Nothing scares me worse than aliens. I watched the movie Signs exactly 1 time and I had nightmares about it for 2 years after. So I probably would have had an actual heart attack.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: Yes! I saw a UFO up close in 1990 (I literally thought I was going to die right there and then) and I have psychic dreams.

sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Yes. Is it possible for a ghost to follow a person? Cuz everywhere we go, i have issues. Its pretty quiet here. I do hear male voices on occassion though. Most the time i chalk it up to my husband, but cant do that when he is on CQ. And my 1 and 4 yr old do not sound like men. Lol
almburr
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM
It's not too bad. She only get upset if a child gets upset and starts to destroy property. The air drops at Least 20degrees. Doors slam and a strong scent of dill fills the air.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

EEK!

Quoting almburr: Yes, the school I work at has a ghost. Don't piss her off! Otherwise she is just there. Students and staff have seen her.

Izsarejman
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM
After my dad died, we were in his house getting things that we didn't want left in there. My kids were at my uncle's and my husband went to get them. My sister ran off with my coat so I was all alone. The light in his den got really, really bright for a few seconds and then dimmed. I truly think that was my dad's way of letting me know he was there, maybe saying goodbye because after that, I never felt his
presence. I think he was waiting for me to be alone.

I wasn't much of a believer in the paranormal until that happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Yes in my dreams. I disike sleeping now too!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)