Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Who Had or is Having a Deployment Baby?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 22 Replies

As we continue to celebrate the Month of the Military Child, let's talk about deployment babies.

Who had a baby while their service member was deployed?

Do we have any expectants moms in the group whose service member is currently deployed?

Share your stories!

come home stork

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex-husband was deployed during the Persian Gulf War when my oldest son was born. My son was born on Thursday and my ex-husbands unit returned 5 days later, the following Tuesday. I will never forget the first time my ex laid his eyes on our son. He fell in love instantly. It was a great moment.

KW123
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

My 2nd baby was born the day after he went out to sea.  She was a preemie & got to go home when she was 19 days old.  I'm glad my mother-in-law & grandmother-in-law had not left yet.  My grandmother-in-law stay at the house taking care of my oldest (17-months-old), while my mother-in-law was with us at the hospital during the day.  My in-laws stayed for month total.  My husband came home months after.  

sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM
My middle is an R&R baby, and my baby is a redeployment baby
Mdgstaff14
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM
My baby boy was born February 27th while his father was deployed in Afghanistan. His father will finally be home April 14 th to meet his son. He got deployed before I ever found out I was pregnant. He wasn't apart of any of it.
Izsarejman
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:46 PM
My son was born when my husband was in Iraq. He was in the middle of nowhere but his chief let him have the sat phone and the OR staff let me have my cell phone so he got to hear him cry when he was born. However, he didn't get to see pictures until two weeks later. I bet he was going crazy. He did get to be one of the first off the bus when he came back though.
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM
DH deployed when DD#1 was 6 months old.DH did not meet DD#2 until she was 6 months old, DD#3 is an R&R baby and DS is a deployment baby. No more babies for us. DH is getting snipped in a few weeks.
JMmama
by Kara on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:32 AM
My 5th was born in August about 8 weeks after my husband left on a remote in June. We were able to Skype during the delivery which ended up being an emergency c-section. He met her when he came home for his R&R in December. I'm looking forward to having my family back together soon.

DH left on his first deployment when DD1 was 4 days old, six months of training when DS2 was 10 days old and came home from deployment about six weeks before DS3 was born.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM
I had TWO!!!!
My 1st kid was conceived "over there" in 2004 as we were preparing to come home from the war.
My 3rd was conceived the night before I deployed. Found out one month into the deployment!!!
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM

My oldest was 10 days old when DH deployed the first time, had she come on her due date he would have missed it. My youngest is a welcome home from deployment baby, I got pregnant about 14 minutes after he got home. LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM

My husband was deployed for our first. He left when I was 5 months pregnant. It was literally a week before we found out the gender. He returned home when she was 5 months old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN