Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

HI!!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM
  • 24 Replies

HI my name is Lee Ann and DH just joined the Army. and could be leaving for BCT on may 6th. I am not happy about it however, he is my husband and I love him so i support him. We have two girls. One is five years old and will be starting school this year and then we have a 6 month old. I am really nevous about everything going on bc I am very close to my family and am going to hate if we go some where that is far away from them.

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG9lbs
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Hi. what are you doing?

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Welcome, your font color is really hard to read though.

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I second that. Welcome to the group.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Welcome, your font color is really hard to read though.

LeeAnnMcKinney
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I am doing ok. Just taking it day by day for now.  

Quoting TAG9lbs:

Hi. what are you doing?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM
6 moms liked this

You can hate it all you want - he's in now so now you have to learn to deal with it.  Home is where you hang your hat and I have had so much fun in the different places we've gone that I really didn't give extended family a second thought most of the time.  Cut the cord - get out there, live life and have fun because that's what it's all about.

Welcome, btw.

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Pretty much this. My husband is National Guard, and we chose to live away from both our extended families, because we want to. That's a normal progression for most adults.

Quoting jas_momof2:

You can hate it all you want - he's in now so now you have to learn to deal with it.  Home is where you hang your hat and I have had so much fun in the different places we've gone that I really didn't give extended family a second thought most of the time.  Cut the cord - get out there, live life and have fun because that's what it's all about.

Welcome, btw.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Hi and welcome. It's a hard adjustment, but honestly it's one of the best ways to strengthen your relationship by going far away from home. Depending on yourself and each other will bring you both closer. Extended family is great, but you will have a lot of fun moving to new places and meeting new people.  Enjoy your new adventure!

cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Welcome. You need to learn to stand on your own two feet and realize you probably will not be near your extended family. Your dh and your children are your family that matter most.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Aww. You will get used to it!!!
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
This last line is sooo true!!

Quoting cocoroo: Welcome. You need to learn to stand on your own two feet and realize you probably will not be near your extended family. Your dh and your children are your family that matter most.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN