Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Family day at the command (a little bit of humor)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

So they allowed the families to come onboard and learn some things about the ship. No big deal to me but for the kids it was interesting. Well I got to walk UNDER the ship today. Now, will Deployment Murphy stay away from me next time or did I jinx myself?? Lol.

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

No telling :)

We had a "spouses day" at one of dh's previous bases.  They flew us in a C130 on a short trip so we could see what it was like...  A hydraulic line blew over my head and drenched the lady next to me.  Quite fun - lol.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Hopefully that will keep it at bay. :)

We have a family day this week (Padres game), and another one in June or July, they're considering SeaWorld (just one option of a few), I told DH if it's at that shit hole I'm not going, neither are the kids (he doesn't have a choice). I don't support slavery and torture.

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Yeah, I kind of got that with your avatar. We're not sports people. I'm at the point with other functions, if you are gonna have good food there, I'm up for it. They were having an Easter egg hunt later today but my kids are too old for it. We took the dog to the dog park and enjoyed the nice weather outside. Beautiful day out. Weather just perfect. Not too hot and not really cool. I'm gonna hate being in Fl again.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

We have a family day this week (Padres game), and another one in June or July, they're considering SeaWorld (just one option of a few), I told DH if it's at that shit hole I'm not going, neither are the kids (he doesn't have a choice). I don't support slavery and torture.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not big on sports either (especially not baseball), but DH and I said that since we're in a city with some major sports teams we should make a point to take the kids to one game for each, it just so happened that the unit is doing a family day at the Padres game and tickets were cheap so that's nice. Plus he gets a the day of the game off, and the day after off, we'd be crazy to say no to that.

Quoting twinkersmom:

Yeah, I kind of got that with your avatar. We're not sports people. I'm at the point with other functions, if you are gonna have good food there, I'm up for it. They were having an Easter egg hunt later today but my kids are too old for it. We took the dog to the dog park and enjoyed the nice weather outside. Beautiful day out. Weather just perfect. Not too hot and not really cool. I'm gonna hate being in Fl again.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM

When I went to CT in March, families were invited to have dinner on my sons sub if they wanted, so we went. First of all I am afraid of heights so going down the hatch took me a minute. Then he gave us a tour and I couldn't believe how TINY everything is. I mean, I KNOW its a sub but I had no idea of the reality of it all.

This other mom was there too and she kept saying "I cannot believe they expect my baby to sleep in that little cubby hole. Who do I talk to about that'...hahah Her DH just rolled his eyes and moved her along.

It was quite the experience for me. Sitting about 4-5 people deep on each side on the table and watching them eat for function rather than enjoyment so that the next person could sit down and eat as well. It made for a very interesting evening and gave me a little insight into what my sons day looks like.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it really creepy when moms refer to their grown children as babies. Yes he may be YOUR baby, but referring to him as a baby in public? *shudders* SO creepy.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

When I went to CT in March, families were invited to have dinner on my sons sub if they wanted, so we went. First of all I am afraid of heights so going down the hatch took me a minute. Then he gave us a tour and I couldn't believe how TINY everything is. I mean, I KNOW its a sub but I had no idea of the reality of it all.

This other mom was there too and she kept saying "I cannot believe they expect my baby to sleep in that little cubby hole. Who do I talk to about that'...hahah Her DH just rolled his eyes and moved her along.

It was quite the experience for me. Sitting about 4-5 people deep on each side on the table and watching them eat for function rather than enjoyment so that the next person could sit down and eat as well. It made for a very interesting evening and gave me a little insight into what my sons day looks like.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
That is creepy!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I find it really creepy when moms refer to their grown children as babies. Yes he may be YOUR baby, but referring to him as a baby in public? *shudders* SO creepy.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Mi_Chelly
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM
The funniest "family day" I have had, was held at noon on a Thursday in September...some higher up's wife commented on so many childless families. When she saw everyone roll their eyes, she asked "what?" We all informed her that the kids are in school, since it was clearly a school day. She then made the comment that she honestly thought enlisted personal were either childless or only had babies, "there should be no enlisted with school age children".... I had to walk out, I'm sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)