Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Easter

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 21 Replies
Anyone taking the kids to a post or unit eater egg hunt? We skipped the post and unit egg hunts, but will be doing the company one. Personally, i cant wait for easter to be over with!
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
There's one on post Easter Day but I don't know if I am going to take the kids or not. We aren't doing Easter dinner until that night so I could. I just don't know if I want to deal with all the screaming kids that don't belong to me. Lol.
TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM
We went to one at a small local zoo on Saturday. It was really fun and they had a lot of eggs for the kids :-)
I've have bad experiences at our base egg hunts. Instead of letting the kids get the eggs the parents do it for them. I've seen kids, including my own once, get knocked down by adults who take the whole thing WAY too seriously.
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

We skipped it.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Nope it was last Saturday. We went to Disney on Ice instead.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Housing had one Saturday - we didn't go.  No unit or squadron Easter parties here.  This base sucks for that kind of thing.

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Our command had theirs yesterday. My kids are too old for that. Honestly I feel like we should be volunteering to help hide the eggs but I am not involved in anything here. We are getting ready to leave soon.

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM
My husband's unit rarely does any family related things. I think the most they do is a Christmas party, but with his unit being a hour and a half south from where we live, it's not something we usually attend. We went one year when it was in Colorado Springs, but that was it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Thats why we dont go to the base or unit one. Kids get knocked down. I was going to go to the church egg hunt, but then we decided to do a company one (there are like maybe 10 kids if that) and most are young. I think my 9 yr old is the oldest. Most are around 1/2 yrs old.

Quoting TheartAH: We went to one at a small local zoo on Saturday. It was really fun and they had a lot of eggs for the kids :-)
I've have bad experiences at our base egg hunts. Instead of letting the kids get the eggs the parents do it for them. I've seen kids, including my own once, get knocked down by adults who take the whole thing WAY too seriously.
HisUsmcWifey
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM

No. We do egg hunts at my aunt's house here in town and then have dinner and exchange Easter baskets. I like it better than being around a bunch of people, not to mention the bugs here are awful!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Nope.  They don't have anything like that here.  Even if they did, we wouldn't go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN