Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

troops in Poland?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM

NATO already has a small unit there. I know slots opened for unaccompanied orders there for my husbands career field last year, so they have a few troops. Do I think it's necessary? No. With the support in the countries around Poland, if anything were to go down we could have people there in less than an hour. Selfishly, though, I'd love if we could get stationed there lol

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I'd love to go.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Me too! Though i would prefer Ireland or Australia to become a place. Lol

Quoting Elle.tea.22: I'd love to go.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Interesting

USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 17, 2014 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this

We have lots of troops in Australia. Mainly Navy I think- but I know an AF family just just pcsed here from there. Such a cool assignment!

Quoting sahmw2010: Me too! Though i would prefer Ireland or Australia to become a place. Lol

sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:51 AM

as far as I know, Army isnt being sent there :( that was probably the first thing I asked my husband. lol. so if we were misinformed on that one, please let me know!

Quoting USAFamily:

We have lots of troops in Australia. Mainly Navy I think- but I know an AF family just just pcsed here from there. Such a cool assignment!

Quoting sahmw2010: Me too! Though i would prefer Ireland or Australia to become a place. Lol

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I'm going to Poland next weekend! Ok yes I want to go to Australia.

sbranom
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I don't think Army is being sent to Australia, I asked DH the same and he said it wasn't going to happen.  I think it might be a thing where there is 1 or 2 soldiers on a Navy or Marine base.  I know about a few years ago there was an article about the Australian Army recruiting from the US Army.  

I would go to Poland in a heartbeat if we could go there.  I loved Germany and would like to go back.  Unfortunately, DH's MOS is one where there aren't a whole lot of places we can go.  Except Cuba, the one place I don't want to go.  

Quoting sahmw2010:

as far as I know, Army isnt being sent there :( that was probably the first thing I asked my husband. lol. so if we were misinformed on that one, please let me know!

Quoting USAFamily:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)