Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Deployment

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
My husband is in the air force and is deploying soon. We will be staying behind. How do you deal with getting ready for deployment? It feels like we keep getting hit with one thing then another. We thought we had everything taken care of but then I lost my job. I'm trying to stay strong for him and the kids.
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM

You just have to take it one day at a time. Sorry that you lost your job. Hopefully you will find something again soon. Hugs

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your job.  Do you have family or friends in your area to be supportive while you're husband is gone.  You have to remember than life will continue while he is gone.  It may not seem that way now, but I promise life will go on.  You want to show your husband you're a strong and independent woman, wife, and mother, and that you can care for the family while he's gone.  You CAN do this!

Carmalita28
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Thanks! I'm trying.

Quoting twinkersmom:

You just have to take it one day at a time. Sorry that you lost your job. Hopefully you will find something again soon. Hugs

Carmalita28
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM
I'm from the area so I do have some family here but the ones who matter the most are out of state. I've been trying become close with some of the other military families for support but im not that social. I dont let people in that easily. Thanks for the kind words.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your job.  Do you have family or friends in your area to be supportive while you're husband is gone.  You have to remember than life will continue while he is gone.  It may not seem that way now, but I promise life will go on.  You want to show your husband you're a strong and independent woman, wife, and mother, and that you can care for the family while he's gone.  You CAN do this!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I know it's hard.  To be honest, I don't have very many close friends where I live.  We have NO family in the area.  I've learned to do it myself:)  We've been in VA for going on 7 years.  It gets easier.  You get used to it.  I'm a private person when it comes to getting close with other families.  My husband says I don't play well with others!  LOL!

Quoting Carmalita28: I'm from the area so I do have some family here but the ones who matter the most are out of state. I've been trying become close with some of the other military families for support but im not that social. I dont let people in that easily. Thanks for the kind words.
Quoting darbyakeep45:

sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Ifound keeping busy helpped the best. I volunteer with the red cross, take the kids hiking/camping put them in sports.
3xangel
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Just take it one day at a time. He will get extra money for being deployed so hopefully that is enough to cover all of your expenses. Good luck
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs! These ladies have already given great advice. Wishing you an smooth transition!
Carmalita28
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Thank you everyone!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)