Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Getting used to the "new us".

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Getting used to the "new us". We just had a baby 3 weeks ago, moved duty stations 2 weeks before i was due and just got to our new place a week ago. This is hard! Getting used to not working everyday, not knowing anyone, our new place, and a new baby all within a month plus all the bills and such that now I can't help pay. Not looking for pitty just venting since my husband doesn't understand how hormonal I am still and how everything is affecting me. I keep telling myself it just takes time and will get better soon. Right? lolsurrender

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!! It will get better! Your old house will be sold, you will get settled in and meet new friends. Enjoy your new bundle of joy! And take time to relax and put your feet up, if just for a few minutes ;)

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM

It does get better. Just focus on that new little bundle of joy and enjoy it!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Congrats on the baby : )

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Every day is better than the one before.  Focus on your new baby and getting your new place together - soon everything will fall into place.  Congrats!

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Hugs!! I go completely insane in the postpartum period. My hormones are so out of whack. I hope things are better for you soon.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Hugs!

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Just breathe.  Yes, it will get better--probably when you are getting more sleep.  Everything seems overwhelming when you are tired.  Do your best to enjoy the new baby and know that things will look up :)

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Getting used to staying home with baby instead of working was an adjustment for sure(although for awhile I was so tired I was grateful to be able to sleep when baby slept) I worked until 2 weeks before baby came and it was a bit of a slap in the face when the dust settled and it was just him and me all day every day. It gets easier. I can only imagine what a PCS at that time must have been like so you have my sympathies there! And you are totally right, the hormones plus sleep depravation= a moody momma and that's ok because it will get better that first month us absolutely the hardest remember both you and baby are still learning how to do this!

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:02 AM

You'll get the hang of it soon enough. :)

3xangel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:51 PM
That's a lot of change to deal with at one time, but you'll get used to it eventually. Congrats on the baby!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN