Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Never posted in here before

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
But dh is deploying soon and I'm not ready. I don't know what to expect or really what to do. This will be his first and obviously my first goi through one.
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Welcome to the group.  What branch is your husband in?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Is anyone ever really ready?  You stand on your feet and take one day at a time.  Welcome.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Hugs! It's hard but keep yourself busy and it will go by faster.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Stay busy, and take it one day at a time that's all anyone can do. Welcome!

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Welcome! Your feelings are normal. Just breathe, it will all be okay!

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM
6 moms liked this

So long as you have got all of your legal paperwork in order ( Wills, life insurance, POA's, financial documents ) that's all you can really do :)

As for "surviving" the deployment, keep busy. Wallowing in self pity does no one any good what so ever. Get a job, find a hobby, go to school, join a gym, volunteer, these are all things that will keep you busy. During DH's first deployment I learned that I was a much stronger person than I ever thought possible. During deployments I learned to sew ( straight lines only, if you want a blanket, curtains etc. I'm your girl! LOL) I also learned to make jewlery. I met two amazing ladies right here in this forum that kept me sane. They convinced me that killing my son and telling God he died would not be a good idea... ( I kid I kid :) my son was giving me fits while daddy was away )

You can do this. You are much stronger than you think you are.

amberferrell7
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Thanks ladies. We have all of our documents done and what not. The only thing we have left to do is clear our house and put things in storage. I will be moving back home with my mom and dad. They will be able to help me with dd (she's 9 months currently and will be a year old when dh leaves)

dh is in the Army.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Stay busy. They pretty much covered everything.
sahmw2010
by Beth on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Can you teach me straight line? I dont think sewing and straight lines go together. Lol. My straight lines are very much NOT straight

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

So long as you have got all of your legal paperwork in order ( Wills, life insurance, POA's, financial documents ) that's all you can really do :)

As for "surviving" the deployment, keep busy. Wallowing in self pity does no one any good what so ever. Get a job, find a hobby, go to school, join a gym, volunteer, these are all things that will keep you busy. During DH's first deployment I learned that I was a much stronger person than I ever thought possible. During deployments I learned to sew ( straight lines only, if you want a blanket, curtains etc. I'm your girl! LOL) I also learned to make jewlery. I met two amazing ladies right here in this forum that kept me sane. They convinced me that killing my son and telling God he died would not be a good idea... ( I kid I kid :) my son was giving me fits while daddy was away )

You can do this. You are much stronger than you think you are.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Welcome to the group!

I learned to do formal paper crafts when my DH was deployed and eventually turned it into a very profitable side business.

You can do this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN