Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

How to survive my MIL while 9 months prego

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Help! I due on Monday with our 3rd. My mother in law came here to "help" last monday. She is here until friday. It's all about her and her son. Oh he's so tired and oh he just does soo much and he's oh so great! I'm about to rip my hair out with this lady. He's getting all the support and I feel like I'm just here to have his baby that's it. P's we also have 2 other children. One year old and 3 year old.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Go stay in a hotel until she leaves? Normally I'd suggest getting good and drunk but that's not an option for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Haha I'm currently hiding out in my room. But I can only do that for so long. Wouldn't want her to think i leave him with the kids all day lol she already thinks he's a saint! Pfft
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I would tell my husband that he should enjoy the attention because he will have a lot of making up to do when she leaves ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM
True! I'm actually excited I get to be induced on Monday. The mid wives are nicer I'd rather be there with them lol
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, since basically you're stuck with her until baby arrives I say find your happy place and tune her out. That is obnoxious though. I mean what 9 mo pregnant woman ISN'T exhausted and he better be doing stuff since you aren't up for chasing toddlers this close to the end! Try not to let her get to you. Sit down, put your feet up, and make DH a honey-do list ;)

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well you have 6 more days to go. Minus a few for being in the hospital. You can make it. Hang in there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I had a mini break down in my room! Lol pulling it together now. your right just a little longer I don't care about trying to impress her anymore. Think I'll get on that honey - do list! I'll see how much more I can make her dislike me lol
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:31 PM

If you pitch a good hissy...just tell her your pregnant and can't help yourself.  Good luck.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd be like hey hubster, I need to have a few words with you. "if you don't tone the f down just a little with the mommy bullshit this will be the final baby because I will be performing a home job vasectomy on you myself. K thanks."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 26, 2014 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm assuming her visit wasn't your idea. I honestly don't know what I would do it your situation because there is no way in hell I would have agreed to it in the first place. I can't even imagine having my MIL there when I brought our new baby home. I can't even imagine allowing MIL into our home. I can't stand that woman (neither can DH).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)