Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

depression

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
How to fight it?

I feel like i'm slowly losing myself and I can't stop it. I hate it. I'm anxious and it struck out of nowhere. I feel like I'm all alone and I don't even know where to start. Recently do found out my Dh is depressed as well. His doctor ran some tests and found out he has no tetosterone levels so they are putting him on medication for that as well as ms anxiety

Weird because I was always the one with the problems now I find out he has them too and I don't want to make his life any more stressful. He tends to take the weight of the world on his shoulders and not tell anyone about it.

I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, with nothing keeping me forward but my son, and u also feel like my marriage is falling apart because of it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yuriko_chan
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:48 AM

I am struggling with depression as well. When we lived in the States, I took supplements that really helped. I took magnesium, calcium, vitamin d, and a regular multivitamin. Here overseas, those aren't working for me. I would try taking those and see if they help at all. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Okay I probably do need vitamin D . We're stationed in Hawaii and although there is sun, I rarely get out. I feel like I'm waisting my time on the island sometimes.

Quoting Yuriko_chan:

I am struggling with depression as well. When we lived in the States, I took supplements that really helped. I took magnesium, calcium, vitamin d, and a regular multivitamin. Here overseas, those aren't working for me. I would try taking those and see if they help at all. Good luck.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Hugs!  I would recommend you and your spouse getting some counseling...separate and marriage counseling.  

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:57 AM

We came fromTexs, and I am vitamin d deficient. Obviously there is another reason why, we just haven;t figured it out yet. I hope you get to feeling better!

Quoting Anonymous: Okay I probably do need vitamin D . We're stationed in Hawaii and although there is sun, I rarely get out. I feel like I'm waisting my time on the island sometimes.
Quoting Yuriko_chan:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

You're depressed in Hawaii? Dude, go to the beach and drink a frou frou drink out of a pineapple. I'm in Oklahoma, about to be obliterated by a spring tornado and surrounded by people that gulp down chicken fried steak gravy in 44 oz Sonic cups. Now, THAT is depressing. 

Seriously though, diet, vitamins and exercise make a huge difference. Proper sleep makes a huge difference too. Are you sleeping at night, a full 8 hours? Try little changes like exercise, proper nutrition, and good sleep. If those don't work, then go talk to your doctor about medication or something to help. 

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Where are you in OK? I have to agree 110% with you that that place is awful. We've be stationed at Ft Sill twice and luckily just got out of having to go back.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You're depressed in Hawaii? Dude, go to the beach and drink a frou frou drink out of a pineapple. I'm in Oklahoma, about to be obliterated by a spring tornado and surrounded by people that gulp down chicken fried steak gravy in 44 oz Sonic cups. Now, THAT is depressing. 

Seriously though, diet, vitamins and exercise make a huge difference. Proper sleep makes a huge difference too. Are you sleeping at night, a full 8 hours? Try little changes like exercise, proper nutrition, and good sleep. If those don't work, then go talk to your doctor about medication or something to help. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

We're at Tinker, so the only really nice thing I can say is that at least we aren't out in the boonies like in Lawton or Enid. My husband is Navy though, no Navy person should ever have to suffer a land-locked base. :-(  I miss the ocean. 

Quoting mnkymommy08: Where are you in OK? I have to agree 110% with you that that place is awful. We've be stationed at Ft Sill twice and luckily just got out of having to go back.
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM
We were at Sill (Lawton) and its definitely the boonies. I went to Tinker once to see my cousin and liked it a lot better than Sill. That really sucks. DH is Army. Are you guys there for a while or is there hope for PCSing in the future? I grew up in Plymouth MA so I know what you mean about missing the ocean.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

We're at Tinker, so the only really nice thing I can say is that at least we aren't out in the boonies like in Lawton or Enid. My husband is Navy though, no Navy person should ever have to suffer a land-locked base. :-(  I miss the ocean. 

Quoting mnkymommy08: Where are you in OK? I have to agree 110% with you that that place is awful. We've be stationed at Ft Sill twice and luckily just got out of having to go back.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1. We are a single car family and I can't walk to the beach. 2. There are no public buses near me so I can't ride there either. 3. I refuse to pay 40$ for a taxi to get to the beach 4. I'm surrounded by people who eat fried spam, a pound rice , and shoyu or teriyaki sauce a wash it down with heavily sweet tea , soda, juice or beer. At least you have the option of driving to other states .

It takes 4 hours to go around this entire island (or at least suppose to) but the traffic is messy and will take 4 hours to drive less than 20 miles in rush hour. No I don't sleep 8 hours and rarely have time for exercise.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Why don't you get enough sleep?  Why do you not have time to exercise?  How's your diet?  What you eat can heavily affect your attitude and the way you feel.  What kinds of foods do you eat?  I guess I'm trying to figure out why you are depressed?  What's going on in your life that makes you feel this way?  Why are you so unhappy?

Quoting Anonymous: 1. We are a single car family and I can't walk to the beach. 2. There are no public buses near me so I can't ride there either. 3. I refuse to pay 40$ for a taxi to get to the beach 4. I'm surrounded by people who eat fried spam, a pound rice , and shoyu or teriyaki sauce a wash it down with heavily sweet tea , soda, juice or beer. At least you have the option of driving to other states . It takes 4 hours to go around this entire island (or at least suppose to) but the traffic is messy and will take 4 hours to drive less than 20 miles in rush hour. No I don't sleep 8 hours and rarely have time for exercise.
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN