Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Well, it's over.

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:40 PM
  • 27 Replies

The weekend.  It's over.  It goes by so fast each week!  

What did you do?  How was your weekend?

We went to one of the 2 CF Walks we go to each year...it was about 45 minutes away, and we went yesterday morning...we had a great time!  Then we went to see some friends who's twin baby girls just got out of the hospital for failure to thrive.  We brought them lunch and dinner.  My husband got a LOT of yardwork done this weekend...I'm glad he does it as I hate it!  LOL!  We had some friends over for a BBQ this afternoon, and now we're just relaxing.

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I enjoyed the sunshine while getting some end of the academic year work out of the way.

You are such a sweetie for taking lunch and dinner to your friends-I'm sure they appreciated it. 

Let's hope for a short, uneventful week and another weekend soon!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:06 PM

It was beautiful weather here as well...loved it!  Our friends are so sweet themselves and they definitely appreciated it:)

Quoting anchorgurl:

I enjoyed the sunshine while getting some end of the academic year work out of the way.

You are such a sweetie for taking lunch and dinner to your friends-I'm sure they appreciated it. 

Let's hope for a short, uneventful week and another weekend soon!

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Yay for the CF walk!!! I would love to participate in one! A lot of my family does them in other states. I think my cousin will be moved to the top of the transplant list sooner rather than later. She is now permanently on 24/7 oxygen until she gets new lungs.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM
As for our weekend, it was great but went by too fast. Yesterday we took our Priest out to dinner. He's so awesome, we love spending time with him! Today we were at Church most of the day and then we went to a friends house for dinner. Yesterday we had soccer and got a lot of work done in the garden, planted a lot more fruits and veggie plants!
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Oh and I got my first official tick bite of the year. I am calling tomorrow to have someone come out and spray.
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:23 AM

We left at 730 Saturday morning to go to Poland. Got to Poland about 1430. Hit a couple shops, ate at a really cute little restaruant. Went back to our cute little B&B. We then chilled out for a bit, hit the beds about 2200. Up at 7, and back to the shops. Found some really cute stuff. Took seemed like forever to get home. Home at 2230. Went to bed about 1 this morning. Thinking a nap is in order. Had a blast though. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:49 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin...I can imagine she's anxious to get new lungs!

Our CF Walk for "Brady's Bunch" is this Saturday (May 3) at Oyster Point/City Center.  We'd love to see you guys there:)  I sent you an invite on FB...not sure if you got it.  

Quoting SlapItHigh: Yay for the CF walk!!! I would love to participate in one! A lot of my family does them in other states. I think my cousin will be moved to the top of the transplant list sooner rather than later. She is now permanently on 24/7 oxygen until she gets new lungs.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Love this time of year for outside work!

Quoting SlapItHigh: As for our weekend, it was great but went by too fast. Yesterday we took our Priest out to dinner. He's so awesome, we love spending time with him! Today we were at Church most of the day and then we went to a friends house for dinner. Yesterday we had soccer and got a lot of work done in the garden, planted a lot more fruits and veggie plants!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Oh no!!!

Quoting SlapItHigh: Oh and I got my first official tick bite of the year. I am calling tomorrow to have someone come out and spray.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Glad you had fun!

Quoting barrelracer1699:

We left at 730 Saturday morning to go to Poland. Got to Poland about 1430. Hit a couple shops, ate at a really cute little restaruant. Went back to our cute little B&B. We then chilled out for a bit, hit the beds about 2200. Up at 7, and back to the shops. Found some really cute stuff. Took seemed like forever to get home. Home at 2230. Went to bed about 1 this morning. Thinking a nap is in order. Had a blast though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)