Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Nnoooooo!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM
  • 48 Replies
DH just called me and told me that they changed his orders back to Ft Sill from Campbell because he won't sign an extension! I told him he should have signed the dang 2 yr extension!!! I was so looking forward to not having to go there and be back in our house in Campbell. Ugh.
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Bummer. :(

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM
It sucks. I do not like Ft Sill at all. It's in the dang boonies and there's absolutely nothing really kid-friendly there to do besides the crappy water park. Thankfully we will be spending a few weeks at my MIL in NC this summer.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Bummer. My dh would have signed the extension, but he is also a lifer.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Same here.  OP, is your husband not planning on staying in the Army long term?

Quoting cocoroo: Bummer. My dh would have signed the extension, but he is also a lifer.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Aw no! I know you were excited too. I hate when things work out so well and then get shot in the butt, always makes me doubt the good stuff.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM
He originally wanted to be a lifer but now he's saying he wants to get out. His ETS date is set for Nov 2015 and at that point he'll have just over 10 yrs in. IMO he's already halfway there so why not just stick it out? But it really comes down to what is going to make him happy. Plus he will have to re-class in order to reenlist and the MOS he wants isn't available at the moment. I'm sure he'll change his mind at least 3 more times before his reenlistment window starts anyway. Lol.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Same here.  OP, is your husband not planning on staying in the Army long term?

Quoting cocoroo: Bummer. My dh would have signed the extension, but he is also a lifer.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM
He was originally planning to be a lifer but as of right now he is saying he wants to get out. His ETS date is in Nov 2015. At that point he'll have just over 10 yrs in. So, IMO he should just stick it out and retire. He'll also have to reclass in order to reenlist and the MOS he wants is currently unavailable. I'm sure he'll change his mind at least 3 more times before his reenlistment window starts. IMO he should have signed the extension.

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I was very excited. It makes me doubt it too. Ugh.

Quoting Molimomma:

Aw no! I know you were excited too. I hate when things work out so well and then get shot in the butt, always makes me doubt the good stuff.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM

That would be like my family getting sent back to Beaufort, I did NOT like that place. It's only redeeming quality was being close to my sister. I'd be pissed so I understand your disappointment.

Quoting mnkymommy08: It sucks. I do not like Ft Sill at all. It's in the dang boonies and there's absolutely nothing really kid-friendly there to do besides the crappy water park. Thankfully we will be spending a few weeks at my MIL in NC this summer.
Quoting mom2jessnky:

cocoroo
by Coco on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have had a hard time if my dh wanted to get out at 10 years. He has 13 1/2 in. He reenlisted early and his ETS date is 2026 or something ridiculous like that.

Quoting mnkymommy08: He was originally planning to be a lifer but as of right now he is saying he wants to get out. His ETS date is in Nov 2015. At that point he'll have just over 10 yrs in. So, IMO he should just stick it out and retire. He'll also have to reclass in order to reenlist and the MOS he wants is currently unavailable. I'm sure he'll change his mind at least 3 more times before his reenlistment window starts. IMO he should have signed the extension.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)