Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Starting to get a little excited.

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

My DH will be leaving for basic training in a week from today. At first I was completely against it; however, now  I am starting to get a little excited for what it could bring for our family. Of course, I don't want to leave my family but really I can't wait to get away  from my mother in law (that woman HATES me). and we live right next door right now. He is sooo happy and I am proud of him. Now all we have to do is get past him being gone for a while and these very very strong storms we have coming throught today and tomorrow.

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ethansmommy1987
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
The first couple times he leaves are the worst. If you get yourself in a busy routine, it makes it a lot easier. Good luck, and stay safe!
Bretnasmommy
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I look bad at basic and I'm not going to lie when he left I cried(once I got to my car haha). It was hard watching him leave. BUT it really was a great time just communicating off letters and a few short phone calls. Plus I could just hear in his voice how happy he was and I was so proud of him. Now 3 years later we are about to move to our 3rd duty station. We have lived all around the world and experienced so much. He will be leaving again in July for another 9 weeks for training and people are like WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? They think I'm supposed to be freaked out and go crazy. He's not deploying he's just leaving for 9 weeks I'm pretty sure we'll survive haha. Plus I'm use to it now. It will get easier and yes its hard living so far away from family at times BUT you will make friends that are like family. And you will find people to lean on at hard times. It has been an amazing 3 years and I cannot wait to see what will happen with these next 4 :) The military life has its pros and cons but we really have had such a great experience and my husband loves being in the military.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009
Surrobaby- Due July 16th, 2014

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

LeJane
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Hugs....  

Hang in there and keep busy.    

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM
That's great! You have a positive outlook!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)