Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

How Do You Feel About the Death Penalty?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  • 31 Replies

In response to the botched execution of an Oklahoma inmate on Tuesday, the death penalty debate has once again flared up.

How do you feel about the death penalty?

Do stories like the botched execution change your stance?

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Have not read about the botched one, but I think if the punishment fits the crime, do it and get it over with.  The fact that someone can spend DECADES on death row is irritating.  If you're going to kill them, do it and stop spending all the excess money keeping them alive beyond a reasonable time.  1 appeal, 3 appeals, 10 appeals - where do you draw the line?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

In response to the botched execution of an Oklahoma inmate on Tuesday, the death penalty debate has once again flaired up.

How do you feel about the death penalty? I am for it.

Does stories like the botched execution change your stance? Not at all.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:42 PM
All for it.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Don't do things that will land you on death row if you're against it.... In fact I'm in favor of expanding death penalty crimes. I say we go back to public execution of hanging and firing squad.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I am for the death penalty, botched or not. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

In response to the botched execution of an Oklahoma inmate on Tuesday, the death penalty debate has once again flaired up.

How do you feel about the death penalty?

Does stories like the botched execution change your stance?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I think we should do it like China does .. the Queen of Hearts method.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Don't do things that will land you on death row if you're against it.... In fact I'm in favor of expanding death penalty crimes. I say we go back to public execution of hanging and firing squad.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Woooo!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I think we should do it like China does .. the Queen of Hearts method.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Here is a link to the story.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Have not read about the botched one, but I think if the punishment fits the crime, do it and get it over with.  The fact that someone can spend DECADES on death row is irritating.  If you're going to kill them, do it and stop spending all the excess money keeping them alive beyond a reasonable time.  1 appeal, 3 appeals, 10 appeals - where do you draw the line?

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Exactly.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denise3680
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I am for the death penalty.  I do think that some innocent people have died but overall I agree with it.  I read about this botched execution, I had mixed feelings about this.  I could care a less if he suffered his victims suffered so be it:/  but on the other hand if we want to call ourselves better than the criminals and more humane then they cannot allow this to happen again. JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)