Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

i want to ask

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM
  • 25 Replies
How many of you gone thought this with your husband? Tuesday was my birthday and my husband never said Happy birthday to me until i yell at him today. :( i almost remember every body i meet birthday easy then phone numbers
by on May. 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on May. 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM
My husband wouldn't remember my birthday unless I told him. It doesn't bother me, I'm grown. I get excited for my kids' birthdays.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2014 at 5:25 AM

My husband remembers...only b/c our anniversary is 3 days before my birthday:)

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Our son was born on my birthday. So my husband doesn't forget. My son is a countdown come July. Sorry your spouse forgot. I put all birthdays/anniversary on our calendar. Maybe he will surprise you and make it up to you this week.

omerciful1
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Everybody forgot my birthday this past year, my husband, kids and family all forgot...lol. It wasn't until I said we were going out to eat because I wasn't cooking on my birthday that my husband and kids had the "oh sh*t" we forgot look...lol. To me, it's not a big deal that they forgot, it's been a hectic year and I can think of bigger and better things to get upset about. After 20+ years of marriage and him having been gone so much over the years missing holidays, anniversaries and birthdays, it's just another day. 

MegCarl2014
by New Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:27 AM
It was the first year he was home to be on my birthday last year he was in Afghanistan and i was pregnant i wanted us just be happy family together since he made a big deal on his birthday for everybody know. Since im going home to Illinois Saturday so the rest of my family meet my daughter. I just wanted him spend with me
omerciful1
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

:( I can understand that. Men are strange creatures and they don't think like we do. Mine needs reminders of things coming up and while it seems like having to remind him may take away from him remembering on his own, it takes the stress off of both of us. One thing i've learned over the years is that men don't read minds and don't know what we are thinking or feeling unless we tell them. They don't understand the whole- you should know how I feel, what I want etc... It will save you and him a lot of arguments and hurt feelings if you are up front and forthright about what you want and how you feel. Tell him what you wrote here and that your feelings are hurt and why they're hurt, he honestly may not know. My husband lives in his head, always has and always will and if I don't knock on his skull and ask him to come out and play he will be damn near oblivious to everything going on around him...lol. Having him recognize your birthday, from what i'm gathering, was more like him showing you that you matter and are on his mind- if that's the case, talk to him. Men really are strange creatures.

Quoting MegCarl2014: It was the first year he was home to be on my birthday last year he was in Afghanistan and i was pregnant i wanted us just be happy family together since he made a big deal on his birthday for everybody know. Since im going home to Illinois Saturday so the rest of my family meet my daughter. I just wanted him spend with me

USAFamily
by Melissa on May. 1, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I think that most men are just wired differently. If it is your expectation that you want him to remember and treat your birthday a certain way, then set that expectation for him. I started reminding my husband about Mother's Day a month ago. I want a special day too ;) 

Quoting MegCarl2014: It was the first year he was home to be on my birthday last year he was in Afghanistan and i was pregnant i wanted us just be happy family together since he made a big deal on his birthday for everybody know. Since im going home to Illinois Saturday so the rest of my family meet my daughter. I just wanted him spend with me

MegCarl2014
by New Member on May. 1, 2014 at 9:34 AM
I told him that my feeling were hurt and everything but he look at me like stupid.
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM
My birthday was Tuesday also. My dh has forgotten before, but he is normally pretty good about remembering dates. Plus, we have been together almost 17 years and I celebrate April as my birthday month, so heknows it is coming.
omerciful1
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Frying pan to the head gets rid of that look. ;)

Quoting MegCarl2014: I told him that my feeling were hurt and everything but he look at me like stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)