Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

The VA. Ugh.

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM
  • 51 Replies
The husbandman finally got a phone call from the VA. Guess what? They want to schedule his medical appointment. :-\ Are they kidding? He submitted a complete claim in December of 2012 after running around from medical appointment to medical appointment. They haven't been able to come up with a rating since then?? Geez, this is frustrating. I guess the positive aspect is that the back pay will be more than enough for a down payment on a house ... although, who knows how long it would take to actually get that money. The VA needs some serious help.
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM

That that is absolutely ridiculous.  Hopefully he gets a nice check and not too long from now.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I have to get out of this rent house before I go completely nuts! I hate it here.

Quoting cocoroo:

That that is absolutely ridiculous.  Hopefully he gets a nice check and not too long from now.

cocoroo
by Coco on May. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Just remember....selling is super expensive, so make sure you will be there for a long time.  Can you move to another house?

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: I have to get out of this rent house before I go completely nuts! I hate it here.
Quoting cocoroo:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugg...  That's not encouraging to hear at all considering dh will be filing his own claim pretty shortly.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 2, 2014 at 2:15 PM
If he would have known how screwed up the VA in Arizona is, he would have waited to file in Texas. He's got such a bad attitude about it ... like he expects to be low-balled with an unfair rating. It's difficult to trust the system when it's been this difficult so far.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Ugg...  That's not encouraging to hear at all considering dh will be filing his own claim pretty shortly.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Nah, we can stick it out here until we're ready to buy. There's a housing shortage here, so IF we have to sell, it shouldn't be as difficult as in other areas. There's going to be a huge Exxon campus built in the area we intend to buy in, so there will be 10,000 families competing for homes when it's completed.

Quoting cocoroo:

Just remember....selling is super expensive, so make sure you will be there for a long time.  Can you move to another house?

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: I have to get out of this rent house before I go completely nuts! I hate it here.

Quoting cocoroo:

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM
It sucks. My husband filed his claim with the VA about six months after his deployment, with the Guard he could still file because he was no longer activated, though he is still in. It took almost two years for them to complete it, though he did get a nice sized back pay. It just seems crazy it was that long. Now he's waiting for them to add dependents on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 2, 2014 at 2:25 PM
The VA gave DH a completion date range of July-Dec. Well, shoot. December will be 2 years. I'll stop complaining, though, because at least he isn't in the position of having to depend on disability. I'm very thankful for that.

Quoting violinjewel: It sucks. My husband filed his claim with the VA about six months after his deployment, with the Guard he could still file because he was no longer activated, though he is still in. It took almost two years for them to complete it, though he did get a nice sized back pay. It just seems crazy it was that long. Now he's waiting for them to add dependents on.
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 2, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Yes, we were also lucky to not depend on it. When his deployment ended he went back to his civilian job, and has been employed since, so it hasn't ever been something we necessarily needed, just an extra, thankfully.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed: The VA gave DH a completion date range of July-Dec. Well, shoot. December will be 2 years. I'll stop complaining, though, because at least he isn't in the position of having to depend on disability. I'm very thankful for that.

Quoting violinjewel: It sucks. My husband filed his claim with the VA about six months after his deployment, with the Guard he could still file because he was no longer activated, though he is still in. It took almost two years for them to complete it, though he did get a nice sized back pay. It just seems crazy it was that long. Now he's waiting for them to add dependents on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 2, 2014 at 4:30 PM

My brother is still waiting on his backpay. It will be a year in June.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN