Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What's going on this weekend?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 5:37 AM
  • 23 Replies

Doing anything fun this weekend ladies?  I don't know about you, but I'm SO ready for the weekend...my favorite 2 days of the week:)

The CF Walk is today...LOVE that all our friends come out and support our son in his daily fight with Cystic Fibrosis.  We have a team of over 50 people coming out to walk for him.  We are so blessed.  We're having a big BBQ afterwards as well.  We don't have anything going on tomorrow...probably just a relaxing family day.

by on May. 3, 2014 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I'll be reading final papers and working on grades.  Not a lot of fun, but pretty soon my summer will be starting.

Must be an amazing feeling to have all of those people coming out to support Brady.  Have a great day with the CF Walk!

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Sounds like a great weekend to me! 

My back started spasming yesterday and I pushed it and went grocery shopping and lifting the case of water rendered me pretty much unable to move. It's a little better this morning, at least I slept. Taking DS to the special story time for the anniversary of The Very Hungry Caterpillar because he decided he'd rather do that than go see Choo Choo Soul. Should be fun. Hoping DH will come and help me move but not holding my breath(maybe if I bribe him with a trip to Cheesecake Factory). Have to wait and see how the back is tomorrow, hopefully my muscle will knock it off, I have no patience for not moving around.

omerciful1
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:57 AM

My daughter has a game this afternoon. The rest of the weekend, and next few weeks, will be spent purging and packing and looking at furniture. We close on the house in a couple of weeks, but we won't be fully moved in until mid June,  and I'm trying to figure out delivery schedules and all of that fun stuff. lol. 

sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM
My son has hos soccer game in an hour, and my husband is actuallu hone today so we are having a much needed family day :)
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 3, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I think we're going to celebrate our anniversary. Our anniversary was on Thursday, but I was babysitting, and DH was sick so doing anything that day was out.

Maybe going to see Spiderman, taking the kids out for FroYo. Hitting up the beach, they need to try out their new swimsuits and rashguards right? :)

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM

DD has a cheerleading game this morning at 8am. Then off to football sign ups. Rest of the day DH and I are just hanging out at home by the pool. Supposed to be 103 today so we are going to make good use of it : )  Doing zero tomorrow.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Oh and have fun and your walk! Sounds like you have some great friends!

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! We are going to play in the pool today. The girls invited a few friends over. Tomorrow DH is going golfing and then we're making homemade pizza. Packers and movers will be here a week from today :)
UCFknight
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:13 AM

That is awesome! What a great support team you've got around you! Have a wonderful walk and BBQ. We were going to go and meet Paula deen at a book signing and then a birthday party. But my daughter got sick last night, so we are just going to stay home today, keep the germs to ourselves, and hopefully she recovers by Monday.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Enjoy your weekend! We're going to a birthday party today. Nothing the rest of the weekend, just trying to decide when I'm leaving for CA. May be mid week now, had some stuff come up here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)