Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 hours to go!!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

DH will be leaving for basic in 15 hrs. I am trying to hard not to cry bc if I do our five year old will think daddy isn't coming back or something. If I can get past this first week or two I think I will be fine. It is a good thing this month is full of all kind of fun things. I am taking our girls and my mother to flordia and then the girls are in a pageant so hopefully I will not go crazy.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
crazymama1008
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:16 PM
My dh leaves in June. I was told to make sure you have about 2 months of bills saved it can be a while until your first paycheck. Which branch?
LeeAnnMcKinney
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Quoting crazymama1008: My dh leaves in June. I was told to make sure you have about 2 months of bills saved it can be a while until your first paycheck. Which branch?

He is in the army. They didn't tell me to have money saved. I know when he was thinking about marines they told us that, but not with the army.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 5, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Quoting LeeAnnMcKinney:

Quoting crazymama1008: My dh leaves in June. I was told to make sure you have about 2 months of bills saved it can be a while until your first paycheck. Which branch?

He is in the army. They didn't tell me to have money saved. I know when he was thinking about marines they told us that, but not with the army.

All branches are the same when it comes to when you get paid.  I'm not 100% sure when he'll get his first paycheck, but it won't be right away.  Other ladies in the group can help with that.  Good luck!

sahmw2010
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
I think at the earliest would be the 1st next month... But dont quote me on it. I would have to ask my husband whenever i see him longer then a kiss and a "love you"

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting LeeAnnMcKinney:

All branches are the same when it comes to when you get paid.  I'm not 100% sure when he'll get his first paycheck, but it won't be right away.  Other ladies in the group can help with that.  Good luck!

LeeAnnMcKinney
by on May. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I am not really worried about it we have savings in the bank that could be used no problem

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)