Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Attention!!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

Moving sucks.... That is all.

I've got a million things on my plate right now all happening in the middle of this blessed move. I've just about reached counter productive o'clock.

by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
omerciful1
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You and me both. bleh.

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I'm about to say F- it and just quit. The stupid Realtor wants to come and look at the house to determine what needs to be done and she wants to come on Wednesday. As in day after tomorrow.... HELLO!!!!!! My house is a disaster! Curtains are coming down, wall art is coming down, I've got boxes for donation, boxes of clothes for friends, boxes of things being tossed, suit cases of clothes for Vegas and totes of clothes for Bama.... yeah sure come on in o.O don't wait until I get the move out cleaners here and the carpets done.....

Quoting omerciful1:

You and me both. bleh.

omerciful1
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I'm tempted to do what I did before..... ;)

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

I'm about to say F- it and just quit. The stupid Realtor wants to come and look at the house to determine what needs to be done and she wants to come on Wednesday. As in day after tomorrow.... HELLO!!!!!! My house is a disaster! Curtains are coming down, wall art is coming down, I've got boxes for donation, boxes of clothes for friends, boxes of things being tossed, suit cases of clothes for Vegas and totes of clothes for Bama.... yeah sure come on in o.O don't wait until I get the move out cleaners here and the carpets done.....

Quoting omerciful1:

You and me both. bleh.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on May. 5, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I recently moved too, after thinking I was in my forever home. Moving does indeed suck.  :)

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 3:01 PM

This next move is only for a year... and that's making this suck just a little more than usual.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I recently moved too, after thinking I was in my forever home. Moving does indeed suck.  :)

cocoroo
by Coco on May. 5, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I was there from March until last week.   I was so ready to say fuck this move.  It was horrible. Luckily our house is sold (closing was a week later than it was supposed to be), our stuff is on the way to Germany, and I am calm again.  

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM

At first it's not too bad but as the chaos and cardboard ramps up my eye starts twitching and and I need a brown sac to breathe into. I don't mind moving but the staging for the move, the house and routine upheaval gets to me eventually and then I am so tense it is only a matter of time before I snap. Trying to organize and keep things together for the movers is challenging when they descend on the house like locusts and pack anything not nailed down. Just when I think that can't possibly screw it up they find all new ways to surprise me. Even hearing about other packing and moving makes me tense not looking forward to the next 1, especially now that my son is old enough to know what is going on. He is the poster boy for "resistant to change" so pretty sure it's going to get ugly quick. Good luck to you!!

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I feel for you!
omerciful1
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM

I was thinking this next move would be the last but nope...... lol. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

TheartAH
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Our house was a mess when the realtor came through (like walls and soffets torn apart being repaired, boxes everywhere mess). It even sold in that condition (with the promise of the work being finished). He said that people really care only care about how their stuff will look inside not yours so try not sweat it too much :-)

I agree that moving sucks! Since we sold out house in November I feel like I have been in a constant state of moving. We should finally be settled in our new place this week and words cannot express how much I am looking forward to putting away my suitcase!

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Quoting omerciful1:

You and me both. bleh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)