Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Got a compliment yesterday--think it applies to many of you.

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Yesterday, I was talking to my neighbor.  He's retired Navy--subs.  He's in a gov't contract job now.

At any rate, my DH is not DOD but DOS (FS) and is posted to Pakistan for a year.  We're only about 5 mos in. We've just been married about 2.5 years and most of the last year, he was TDY to Africa a lot.  (he oversees building embassies or making them safer).  So while we're not exactly new to separation we are rather newly married.  We're both a little older too.  I was 33 when we got married--my first, his second.

Anyway...so I'm out talking to my neighbor about our shared fence and some projects we want to do and he just stopped all of a sudden he said, "You know, you're pretty remarkable.  I've lost a marriage and two long term relationships due to how hard deployments were on my wife/SO's.  But you seem to be doing great.  You're a rare thing.  I hope you know how strong you are because a lot of people just can't handle it.  You seem to keep it together really well.  You take care of business.  Good on ya."

I thought that was really sweet. 

Thought I'd share because I actually KNOW he's right after my previous experiences with military spouses.  A lot of peopl can't hack it. It's difficult, yes. But strong, confident women can pull it off.  So for those of you doing this and more every day--kudos.  Wanted to share with you that people DO notice and appreciate what you're doing to support your partner in supporting our country.

by on May. 6, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That's nice, but I've never needed anyone to notice what I do. It's just life. Everyone has struggles.
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 6, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It is nice to get a compliment like that, but anyone who knows my husband IRL would understand that being separated from him really isn't a bad thing! LOL 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Totally agree. How are you?

Quoting 4ever-SJ: That's nice, but I've never needed anyone to notice what I do. It's just life. Everyone has struggles.
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, since I just saw this, I guess you'll understand when I say "busy " Lol!

Quoting darbyakeep45: Totally agree. How are you?

Quoting 4ever-SJ: That's nice, but I've never needed anyone to notice what I do. It's just life. Everyone has struggles.
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:16 AM

It's nice to receive a compliment!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN