Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Promotions?

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 6:21 AM
  • 35 Replies

I could have sworn there were a few ladies in the group who were anxiously awaiting promotion results...I want to say the service member was in the Army?  Were those results ever posted?  Did anyone's husband/spouse get promoted this time around?  

For the Navy E4-E6, those results come out later this month, from what I hear.  E9 results just came out a few weeks ago, E8 results come out later this fall and E7 results come out in August I think.  No clue about officers!

When do other branches' promotion boards/results come out?

by on May. 7, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Not my husband, we have a few months before the board convenes and we find out if he is getting promoted. Fingers crossed!!

mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM
DH will be going to the board after we PCS to Ft Sill.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Air Force here waiting for word on promotion from E-6 up to Master Sgt.(not holding my breath but hopeful none the less). No results until at least June DH and I were just talking about that, I was trying to remember if it is June or July but we both think it's mid-June. Hate waiting. He tested in February and then sit and twiddle our thumbs....

Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:29 AM
The by name lost came out like 2 weeks ago.
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM
The army puts out scores/by name list at the end of every month. About the 21-25 of the month.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Not me. DH won't be up for promotion for a looong time. My sister however is waiting for the E6 results that come out in Sept. Her DH got passed over last year and if he does not get picked up this time he is forced out. She has been a nervous wreck.

meandmyboys124
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Dh doesn't take the e6 exam until September 2015. It's been a nice break :)
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM

The ones for E7 and up are annually, not monthly.  Last year between the time the boards convened and the time the list came out was hell for my dh.  He made it on his first look, thank goodness.  He was getting annoying.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: The army puts out scores/by name list at the end of every month. About the 21-25 of the month.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Dh has a line number for "R" - hahahahaha!

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM
3 moms liked this
When my husband made the list I had absolutely no clue it was coming. Neither did he we didn't know the list was coming out let alone him being on it. The way he found out that he made it was he was called out of the blue, by everyone he knows, congratulating him. When he told me he made the list I was happily surprised!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)