Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Life thinks we have money! Ha ha

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are having to drop 15000.00 on a new roof and septic system on our house this past week. Then today he dropped 500.00 on brakes for my truck. Another 1200.00 is going on his truck this afternoon. The tenants we have in our house have not been paying their rent on time for the last 6 months. They have skipped a couple of months. Can't we get a break? We were hoping to start our kids' college savings this year with our tax refund. Not gonna happen this year. Ugh. Things just wear out. Life can suck. 

frustrated

by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM

ick...  That sucks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 9, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Damn. When it rains, it pours. I'm sorry.
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:15 AM

That's rough!  So sorry!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 10, 2014 at 7:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow...I'm so sorry!  Have you gone through the steps to evict your tenants since they aren't paying rent?  

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM

That stinks. Sorry you're going through all that.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, that sucks. Have you looked into evicting the tenants? Give them a 30 day fix it or quit notice, pay the back rent or GTFO.

3xangel
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Hope things get better soon
adoptivemomof1
by Mel on May. 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM
That sucks! Hope it gets better soon!
twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Me too. Thanks everyone. They were doing fine for the first three years. Rent was on time every month. We have a property manager. He called us up once about giving them an ultimatum. They don't pay, he doesn't get paid. So we said of course. Well they missed two months but then paid three months worth the next month. They did finally paid April's yesterday. They are on a month to month lease now.

We have worked and discipline ourselves to get some savings built up. With these repairs, it's going to take pretty much what we have now in our savings. I mean, yeah, thank goodness we have it but I worry that what if something else with the house comes up? What if they don't pay and it takes some time to get them out of there? Plus, we are transferring this summer if he ever gets his hard copy orders! Dh had a guy that was transferring to where our place is. He wanted me to find our pictures of the house so he could take them to work and show the guy. We had hired a guy to inspect the house when we were in the process of purchasing. But dh was giving it some thought and by the time we get the current ones out, this guy was ready to rent soon. So wasn't going to work out. Bummer. And another bummer? I met another couple that was going to rent it from us before the kids and I left. He even came over once to mow the lawn because I had packed up everything and the lawn mower went to my dad's already. Nice people. But they could not get out of their current contract. Their landlord was coming back but then he and his wife were getting a divorce. Change of plans but we were all bummed. They were interested in buying the house maybe in a year. But it is what it is. I don't mean to scare others from renting out their houses when they transfer. Pros and cons.

As I am typing this, the shop called again on his truck. More expense. Just stop! Good grief, Charlie Brown! I don't know how some do it. I really don't.

Posting this four leaf to everyone to keep my run of bad luck away from you all. ;)

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM

All of the above reasons are why I don't know that we will ever own a house ever again. Been there, done that, don't want a return ticket. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)