Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

how did you come to terms?

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 30 Replies
My husband was in the national guard before. Things got messed up and missed so much of boot camp and they kicked him out cause the moving proscess. Well the ads make him misses the being in the military. I know it can help us with money situation. Its hard to come to the terms with him being gone for some time s lenght.

How did you and your husband comes to the terms of him joining up?
by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 18, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't borrow trouble. You don't even know if he will get in, so take things one step at a time.
oliveoil423
by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Quoting chrlstoncharmed: Don't borrow trouble. You don't even know if he will get in, so take things one step at a time.

I just needed adivce thats all. Hes able to cause he talked to a recuiter today about rejoining. He just has to loss the weight.
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on May. 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM
5 moms liked this

Until he signs on the dotted line and has met the weight loss criteria I wouldn't even think about it. Recruiters lie. Learn that lesson now. Depending on how many kids he has he might need a dependant waiver to join. They are cutting forces and can be very picky about who they let in. Someone who already got kicked out of a basic and weighs too much isn't exactly the cream of the crop.

oliveoil423
by on May. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Until he signs on the dotted line and has met the weight loss criteria I wouldn't even think about it. Recruiters lie. Learn that lesson now. Depending on how many kids he has he might need a dependant waiver to join. They are cutting forces and can be very picky about who they let in. Someone who already got kicked out of a basic and weighs too much isn't exactly the cream of the crop.

He has my daughter that he is adopting and have one on the way two days before my daughter turns 2.
sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM
With them cutting down and he has already been in and booted plus 3 dependants, he may not even get in. BUT if he does. You keep busy and be your own person. If you focus on the fact that he is gone, you will become depressed and pretty much useless to your kids. And IF he ends up getting in, dont expect him at family events. That way when he is home its a nice treat
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Hope everything works out. Don't stress it
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM

It won't be easy for him to get back in even if he loses the weight.  They are cutting back the troops.  It is much harder to get in now than it was a few years ago.  Until he gets into the military, don't stress the seperation.

LizW1986
by New Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I'm going to go with the other ladies on this one and say don't stress until he's in. There's no reasy to worry until you know for sure.  

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah he isn't at the top of anyone's list if he's been kicked out, over weight and has dependents.

Don't think about jt till after he signs, reclasses and has a new unit. Any point between those he can be out easy.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 19, 2014 at 6:24 AM

I wouldn't stress it until he gets in and goes to boot camp....added stress isn't good for anyone!  Good luck:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)