Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Your worst traveling experience?

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM
  • 45 Replies
Sitting her stuck at the airport and hoping I can get home tonight after several delays. I keep reminding myself that it could be much worse. So what is your worst traveling experience?
by on May. 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM
*here
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Annnnd, they just announced another delay.
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I'm thinking I'm not getting home tonight.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Space A from Okinawa to West Virginia with my final destination being central NC... And the return trip.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I hope you get home soon despite the delays!

RKL10
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM
I once had a three hour delay and then I come to find out the flight was canceled until the next day and I was 8 hrs from my destination it was my first time flying alone ever thankfully before kids because I was crying in the airport because I didn't know what to do because the airport wasn't 24 hours so you had to leave
Susan0805
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Oh no! I hope you get to go home soon. :-(

Once, I can't recall why, but we were stuck on the ground on the runway, for several hours. They wouldn't let us get out of our seats and we couldn't unboard on the runway , I had to use the restroom so bad, it was a nightmare!

Another time I flew into JFK but that flight had a lay over that ended up being delayed. My bags never arrived with me :-( I kept asking them to please call at the layover place because I had a feeling that's were it went but for a week they did nothing! I called multiple times and finally someone called and sure enough my bag was just hanging out I the unclaimed luggage at the layover airport ... They put it on a plane to finally get to me. Grrr!
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM
It was when my grandmother passed away, about seven years ago. My daughter was five months old, it was my first time on a plane, and I was nervous, upset, and tired. I was flying to LAX from Denver. The flight was delayed for three hours. I remember sitting in the airport in tears, I must have looked ridiculous or crazy. Luckily once on the plane, it was a smooth trip, and the lady sitting next to me was so sweet and kind, so that helped a lot. I hope you get home soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
japanmommy
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Once was a 8 hour delay, 4 of which was spent on the plane. Then when we got to the airport where I was making my connection (that I missed ) I don't the night and then they put my luggage on a layer flight the best morning

Or when I flew home from Japan for medical reasons, command gave me 48 hours notice of my flight. I was 35 weeks pregnant flying with a two year old. The seats I originally had weren't the same on the flight and I couldn't fit between the seats. Had a big hormonal breakdown and they switched my seats. Swelled up so bad I had to walk off in my socks.
Coconutty4Hubby
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Went to Korea 20 years ago, they threw stones and sticks at my mom and me.

We lived in Japan at the time, and they loved Americans, so it was so different.

Oh, my mom found an amazing bed store and bought me a bed to be shipped, she paid for it. He skipped town (this was still in Korea). 

Needless to say, the only good thing about our vacation was the C-130 we flew in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)