Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

That's fine I am better off!

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have a couple neighbors not talking to me, even so serious that one of them has deleted me off Facebook. I simply wanted to use 1 table in the community building for my daughters birthday party. They couldn't share and was totally bi%$hy about it. So we went to the other end of the building. Apparently my son got mad and threw some dirt at them. Ok yes he was in the wrong. I made him go apologize. No one seemed to care about him apologizing and just kept rolling their eyes. So apparently now I am the bad guy and they are not talking to me. That is fine, I never wanted to be best friends, just civil because I still have to live near them. Oh yea and then after we went back to the other end, the gal who deleted me, her son was over near us and was kicking my son. Oh well guess I live with a bunch of high schooler's! 

by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, you're definitely better off. This is why I hide from my neighbors. I befriended neighbors at our last duty station, they turned out to be 2 faced backstabbing psychos, I'll take a hard pass on repeating that experience.

crazyinlove99
by on May. 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM

That's why i only have a handful of friends. I only talk to a couple of neighbors. I used to be in the frg and meet hubby's co works wives. No more i learned  my lesson big time. my hubby tries to get me to meet them, and i tell him don't even think about it.

cocoroo
by Coco on May. 19, 2014 at 11:52 AM
4 moms liked this

Most people suck.  I don't like a lot of them.  

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM
This. I have very few close friends. I like it that way. Quality over quantity any day.

Quoting cocoroo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspeterrabbit
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Ive always stayed to myself
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 20, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Same here.  I have more acquaintences than anything.  Just 2-3 close friends. 

Quoting violinjewel: This. I have very few close friends. I like it that way. Quality over quantity any day.
Quoting cocoroo:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 20, 2014 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Well hopefully you like me so far, and we can be friends! 

Quoting cocoroo:

Jannarella
by New Member on May. 23, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Oh yeah. My nieghbor  when we were on post was talker. When we first moved in about 4 weeks after we were  there me and my husband we goofing off and he was chasing me around the house. I end up turning to soon around a corner and SMACK right into the corner. Right by my eye. That left a nice conversation starter.

Anyway i was getting th mail a couple days later and my nieghbor is talking to her bunch of skank friends (They all had deployed husbands and all had soldiers at their houses over night (we liked to take drives at night and the dude's cars were in the driveway). Anywho they were talking away and saying well you know her husband is an MP what did she expect from that MOS a Good man?

Oh i ripped into that bitch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 23, 2014 at 7:15 AM
The Only bat shit crazy bitch I've met since marrying my husband was at a swimming pool for military only. Not sure if she was in herself or a psycho spouse. The rest of the people I've met have been ok. I have several great friends and really can't imagine only having few or non at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)