Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Shopping for a baby shower - what's something you couldn't have lived without?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Hi all,

I'm shopping for a baby shower his weekend. Been a while since I had a little one.  What's something you could recommend as you remember you couldn't have lived without it?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 23, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM
My sling. But thats only for mamas who are okay with baby wearing. It was a lifesaver with a very touchy feely kiddo and a toddler running around trying to potty train. It also allowed me to nurse discreetly everywhere we went.
Also, if she is nursing. Gilligan and omalley nursing tanks from target. More supportive than most nursing bras and allowed me to two shirt for even more discreet nursing. Hell, I still wear those things to bed and I haven't nursed in 3 years. :)
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 23, 2014 at 8:07 AM

My standard baby gift is a pack of diapers (not newborn size, size 1 or 2), a couple of those baby nightgowns with the elastic bottom, they're awesome for when babies are still in the stepped on bug phase (legs curled in). Gas drops, and a book.

My other one is a name blanket from this Etsy store called Sew Sara, but you don't have time for that.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Honestly, I couldn't survive without my My Brest Friend nursing pillow. 1000x better than my Boppi that killed my back but that's only good if breast feeding. The last baby gift I bought was one of those Car seat covers that attaches to the infant car seat to cover the baby from Etsy. That baby was a premie though, so I knew it would be useful for keeping her little guy warm and all the strangers away when she has to go to the grocery store and whatnot with the baby so he's not exposed to random germs. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I usually do diapers and I'll make a blanket with a toy.

adoptivemomof1
by Mel on May. 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved my diaper genie! Or I often do little sleep and plays in bigger sizes- so many people give newborn to 3 months so I give 9 months so they have some for later. :)
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Diapers, wipes, bibs, socks, onesies. I try to get practical items.
RKL10
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This I didn't have it when mine was a newborn but I recently got it and I think it would have been amazing for my daughter when she was a newborn it can be worn three different ways and there are no buckles so someone else can easily put it on themselves with out having to adjust straps
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM
These are the usual things I give at a baby shower.

Quoting cocoroo: Diapers, wipes, bibs, socks, onesies. I try to get practical items.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM

LOL @ "stepped on bug phase"

Quoting mom2jessnky:

My standard baby gift is a pack of diapers (not newborn size, size 1 or 2), a couple of those baby nightgowns with the elastic bottom, they're awesome for when babies are still in the stepped on bug phase (legs curled in). Gas drops, and a book.

My other one is a name blanket from this Etsy store called Sew Sara, but you don't have time for that.

Photobucket

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM
I'd buy a cute basket from hobby lobby and put pampers, wipes, a baby book and crochet her a blanket.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)