Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

After deployment

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
How long did it take to get back to reality after your SO left for deployment? Did you want to be around people right after? Did you get annoyed by everyone asking how you were all of the time?
by on May. 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 24, 2014 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this
My dh has deployed 7 times. I just go on with my life. I never want to be home,deployment or not. People asking if you are okay is just their way of showing you they care.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM

When dh deploys I give myself one day to have a pity party (the day he leaves), I don't talk to anyone, I order pizza for dinner, whatever. That's it, the next day it's back to business as usual.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I take a day and then get back out to the routine...

sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM
During deployments, i am never home. It doesnt feel right with out him. So i spend time at friends or take the kids exploring the state.
Carmalita28
by on May. 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM
That's actually how im feeling right now. Im sitting here expecting him to walk through the door. I am taking the kids to the drive in tonight and bowling tomorrow. This is our first deployment together.

Quoting sahmw2010: During deployments, i am never home. It doesnt feel right with out him. So i spend time at friends or take the kids exploring the state.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Same here.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

When dh deploys I give myself one day to have a pity party (the day he leaves), I don't talk to anyone, I order pizza for dinner, whatever. That's it, the next day it's back to business as usual.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM

The last deployment pre-kids was harder. After I had DS I was too busy and sleep deprived, my DH deployed when my son was 5 mos and still not sleeping through the night so I was probably still in zombie momma mode. It would be MUCH harder now because DS is 4 and he gets difficult when he doesn't see daddy for just a couple days. I usually did my boohooing in the car on the way home from the base. The first day and bedtime that night is always the hardest. After awhile you get used to it again though. Honestly, I'm not a big social person no matter what so I can't really comment about that. Asking how you are is just trying to show support/concern it might get annoying after awhile but people are just trying to be helpful.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM
A year for myself after I deploy
Scurrilous
by Member on May. 26, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I went back to business as usually pretty much immediately and I never got annoyed when people asked me questions. In fact, I found it really endearing how so many people came out of the woodwork to show how much they cared. 

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:36 PM

A week or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN