Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I think I'm probably old...

Posted by on May. 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night, no I'm sorry this morning (2am) I got woken up because one of my jackass neighbors was drunk out of his mind with a group of other drunk hooligans yelling outside. I guess when you're drunk you can only communicate by screaming.

If you want to get drunk, and act stupid, fine, but do it inside. I don't want to be woken up by your debauchery.Terrorize your immediate neighbors with that shit because I think they were involved.

Damn kids... when I realized that I'm 5-10 yrs older than all of my neighbors (making DH 10-15 yrs older than them) we're the cranky old people. I didn't call PMO, I should have, but I wasn't awake enough to go finding the number, and drunken assholes isn't 911 worthy.  No one called though, so clearly I was the only one bothered by it. I need to move somewhere where my neighbors are old and boring like me. :-P

by on May. 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I was so annoyed with the loudness of last night. People were driving up and down our street and alley going crazy fast, and loud. I'm ready to pack up our house and move up to the mountains away from anyone. I'll be old with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Meh, I've accepted my old-ness. The only people I really know and socialize with here are my co-workers, and they average about 10 years my junior. The ones that are over 30 have no kids yet either, so there is a another hurdle. They are always going to happy hour, (sorry, gotta go home and feed my family), out for drinks and to concerts on Monday nights, (sorry, I can't have more than one glass on a week night and I have to be in bed by 9 or it messes up my whole week), and drink copiously on the weekends and stay out til the bar closes, (nope, sorry, I turn into a pumpkin around 10pm).

I went to a women's event in April and I let these girls convince me to go to the bar with them after the party. I stayed for a total of 45 minutes, before I realized that I am WAY too old and married to be in a bar, surrounded by loud, drunken, single 21-25 year olds. 

adoptivemomof1
by Mel on May. 26, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I join the old crowd- I was actually asleep before the noise started- hubby says he cannot believe both dd and I slept through it. I was exhausted after Disney- because well, I am old and getting more ok with it ;)
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I can sleep through anything.  And I refuse to get old :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN