Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Meeting with the commander ETA #2

Posted by on May. 29, 2014 at 7:22 PM
  • 47 Replies
My husband has orders to report next May to Richardson, his Drill Sgt. orders ends in Oct. so he put in for a 6 month extension to make the orders last until we leave to go to AK... So WHY do I need to have a meeting with the commander?! I was informed today that I have a meeting with the commander Tues at 0900 to discuss the extension. Has anyone ever had to deal with this? And yes i asked multiple times that it was indeed a meeting with ME and not my husband.

ETA: yup, was a complete waste of my time. Basically he just wanted to inform me that the third year (our case 6 mos) will be the same schedule and hours as the past 2 years... Gee really?! And then he mentioned that the brigade commander will want to meet with me at some point also. I smiled an bit my tongue. And then told my husband in the parking lot that if he wants to meet with me that badly, HE can come out to ME instead.

ETA #2. So apparently my husband told them that i refuse to rearrange my schedule to come in to another meaningless meeting and they proceeded to inform hin that if i do NOT come in, they wont give him the extension. THAT IS COMPLETE BULL SHIT!!! If it was so damn important to meet with the BC than he should have met with us when i went in on Tuesday
by on May. 29, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Maybe FRG related??
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 29, 2014 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

That's weird, the only time I ever had a meeting with the CO was when I was interviewing to be a volunteer.

Maybe some dude put in an extension and didn't discuss it with his wifey, and she lost her shit on the commander, so now it's a policy that the spouse has to be informed because being screamed at by a lunatic isn't fun for anyone.  Best guess I have. I know YOU'RE not a lunatic, but you know plenty of wives are.

sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Lol. Apparently that is what happened so now i have to "approve" the extension... Ill do my best not to be a lunatic pissed off i have to drag 3 kids to post to meet with him at 9. Ill be like "you want to meet me, you best have a Starbucks late waiting for me on your desk" lol

Quoting mom2jessnky:

That's weird, the only time I ever had a meeting with the CO was when I was interviewing to be a volunteer.

Maybe some dude put in an extension and didn't discuss it with his wifey, and she lost her shit on the commander, so now it's a policy that the spouse has to be informed because being screamed at by a lunatic isn't fun for anyone.  Best guess I have. I know YOU'RE not a lunatic, but you know plenty of wives are.

sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 29, 2014 at 7:36 PM
From what I was told, i have to "approve" the extension. Cant he just call me instead of making me go in?! Lol

Quoting mrsary: Maybe FRG related??
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 29, 2014 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

You should say that to him (about the latte) I bet there will be one waiting for you. LOL.

Quoting sahmw2010: Lol. Apparently that is what happened so now i have to "approve" the extension... Ill do my best not to be a lunatic pissed off i have to drag 3 kids to post to meet with him at 9. Ill be like "you want to meet me, you best have a Starbucks late waiting for me on your desk" lol
Quoting mom2jessnky:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well technically your husband could give them a number that is really to his sister or a friend, and she could pretend to be you and approve the extension, and then crazy ensues.

I've spent entirely too much time volunteering with my FRO.

Quoting sahmw2010: From what I was told, i have to "approve" the extension. Cant he just call me instead of making me go in?! Lol

sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 29, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Im active with the FRG so they should know if that number wasnt mine (maybe) lol.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Well technically your husband could give them a number that is really to his sister or a friend, and she could pretend to be you and approve the extension, and then crazy ensues.

I've spent entirely too much time volunteering with my FRO.

Quoting sahmw2010: From what I was told, i have to "approve" the extension. Cant he just call me instead of making me go in?! Lol

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Lord save us from crazy ass wives making things difficult! My DH & I had to both interview for him to approved for drill instructor and they all but made me sign a paper saying I promise not to divorce or get pregnant why he's doing it! Then when we got here I had to fill out a personality profile Myers-brigs thing and we had like a couples counseling session (with my 2.5 year old in tow) before he even finished training. I can only imagine what the wives before must have been like for this to be standard operating procedure.

sahmw2010
by Beth on May. 29, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Are you serious?! Holy crap! I didnt have an interview or anything said to me during training, or anything like that. I havent talked ti anyone outside FRG and company functions until all this came up. I need to find and beat down those wives! Lok

Quoting Molimomma:

Lord save us from crazy ass wives making things difficult! My DH & I had to both interview for him to approved for drill instructor and they all but made me sign a paper saying I promise not to divorce or get pregnant why he's doing it! Then when we got here I had to fill out a personality profile Myers-brigs thing and we had like a couples counseling session (with my 2.5 year old in tow) before he even finished training. I can only imagine what the wives before must have been like for this to be standard operating procedure.

sweetfox3
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM

it is likely so that everyone is on the same page that you agree to the extension until you leave for Alaska.  Crazy spouse have made it so they are extra-careful nowadays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN