Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Prenatal care on base

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
My husband is on the chopping block for cuts being made in his shop due to an alcohol incident he had over a year ago. I didn't even know him when it happened and it's still biting him on the ass.

Anyway I am almost 14 weeks pregnant and being seen on base. If he does end up getting out, will I be able to still go to the doctor for the remainder of my pregnancy or how will that work?

If he gets out it will be well into October which will put me at 30+ weeks and I don't think I'll be able to find an OB that will actually take me that late into the game! I'm a little freaking out about this.

Also should I just try to get an off-base referral right now and switch doctors while I can? What even goes into getting a referral? My dh says it is a pain to try to do...don't know if everyone has the same experience as him.
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM

After he is out, I'm pretty sure you will not be able to be seen on base.  You won't have Tricare anymore.  When will you find out if he is getting the boot?  Will you even stay in that area?  

Michaelsmom0522
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Tomorrow, and yeah we will stay here. I am from here.

If he went to the guard or the reserves we would still have tricare I just don't know how much it will cost that way.

Quoting cocoroo:

After he is out, I'm pretty sure you will not be able to be seen on base.  You won't have Tricare anymore.  When will you find out if he is getting the boot?  Will you even stay in that area?  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Good luck!

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Wish you the best.
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

If you get chaptered out, I don't think you can go Guard or Reserves.

Catherder
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM

There are some technicalities for voluntary vs involuntary separation. Maybe call Tricare directly?

Michaelsmom0522
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
We got it figured out. We will have tricare for 180 days after separation.

Quoting Catherder:

There are some technicalities for voluntary vs involuntary separation. Maybe call Tricare directly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM

You're welcome. I hope the links were helpful. =)

Quoting Michaelsmom0522: Thank you
Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.tricare.mil/Welcome/SpecialPrograms/CHCBP.aspx

http://www.tricare.mil/Welcome/SpecialPrograms/TAMP.aspx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)