Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What myth have you heard repeated over and over that you want to set straight?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

So many people seem to think that military people make a lot of money and get all sorts of perks. We do not.

What myth have you heard repeated over and over that you want to set straight?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

The pay and the perks can be good.  I don't mind that one.

My mind is drawing a blank for myths right now.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

All military and their spouses cheat.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM
That Navy only gets stationed by the ocean. Nothing could be further from the truth.
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I guess they've never heard of NAS Fallon then... that place isn't even near a pond. It's in the middle of the freaking desert.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: That Navy only gets stationed by the ocean. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM

SOme get station on the Gulf (not the ocean). Like Pensacola's Naval Base.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: That Navy only gets stationed by the ocean. Nothing could be further from the truth.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

That everyone in the military is infantry and joining means you'll have a gun shoved in your hand and be tossed unceremoniously into combat, and you will die. 

DH did recruiting duty years ago, and people really don't understand the military at all.

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:19 PM
5 moms liked this
"I got my new boobs for free and Tricare paid for it all!!!"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:19 PM
That all sm's are brain washed. They pay for all their moves with their own money so they must all make good money. That folks join the military because they are too stupid to get a "real" job...so many.
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM
"Have all your babies while enlisted and its free! " idiots, your on your own for the next 18+ years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM
I especially loved those who think if you're a recruiter, you aren't really part of your branch. That you're just a recruiter and will never be anything more or never were before recruiting duty. Lol. I was surprised to find people really think this.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

That everyone in the military is infantry and joining means you'll have a gun shoved in your hand and be tossed unceremoniously into combat, and you will die. 

DH did recruiting duty years ago, and people really don't understand the military at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)