Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I'm over this PCS (don't open if you don't want to hear me whine, lol)

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

We sold our house about 7 weeks ago.  That was awesome.  We didn't take a loss and we don't have to worry about renting it out while we are in Germany.  Now, the whining will start.  We are in a 3 bdrm, furnished apartment.  It is driving me crazy.  I miss my bed.  I miss my kids having their own rooms.  I miss all my stuff.  I miss the clothes and shoes that are on a ship to Germany.  We shipped my car last week, so we now have one car.  I hate not having a car.  My dh has been on leave for over a week.  I love him dearly, but there is such thing as too much of a good thing. I am so ready to get to Germany, find a house, get my HHG, and start our lives over there.  We leave in less than 2 weeks.  I am so ready.  On a positive note, our HHG *should* be there when we get there! because we sent everything out in mid April.

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM

whine away, I'd be irate too. I like my bed, my stuff, my car and all that so I'd be losing my mind.

TheartAH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM
It's a pia situation. I was there not long ago and feel your pain!
cholita1978
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Get it all out girl, get it all out :-)

Carmalita28
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I feel your pain. My kids would drive me crazy if they didnt have their own rooms. My DH took a good three weeks of leave before he shipped out and it drove me crazy to have him around ALL of the time. Hugs :-)
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM
It was hard enough to move halfway across the country, I can't imagine how hard it is to go overseas. Hopefully the next couple weeks fly by.
violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:10 PM

We only have one car right now, my husband' struck needs a new engine, and he'll put it in someday:/ It sucks, to say the least.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I had similar feelings about our last PCS. Living in TLF for 30 days sharing a queen sized bed with my then 2.5 year old son and my 6ft3in DH and I turned into a cranky momma quick. The first 2 weeks weren't bad but it wears on you quick. I always miss my stuff and not having my car would make me nutty too(mine is at the mechanic today and I'm feeling stranded in my very own home! At least you are under 2 weeks now, home stretch(almost)!

cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
I hope we don't have to stay in lodging long when we get there. We will have a family suite. It is a living room, small kitchen, and a bedroom. It will be my dh, my 16 yo dd, 13 yo son, 11 yo dd and myself. We need to find a house...quickly.

Quoting Molimomma:

I had similar feelings about our last PCS. Living in TLF for 30 days sharing a queen sized bed with my then 2.5 year old son and my 6ft3in DH and I turned into a cranky momma quick. The first 2 weeks weren't bad but it wears on you quick. I always miss my stuff and not having my car would make me nutty too(mine is at the mechanic today and I'm feeling stranded in my very own home! At least you are under 2 weeks now, home stretch(almost)!

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Yeah, we had a family suite. I felt bad for the families with bigger kids. I think pulling the sofa bed out every night must get old even faster than sharing the bed! We tried buying him a one of those little toddler cots but he wanted no part of sleeping on that. I would think the elementary age where they think sleeping bags are "fun" would be the best situation but even that doesn't last past a week or so. It is nice to at least have a kitchen so you don't have to eat out constantly but then it just makes me miss MY kitchen stuff! Good luck with the house hunt! It was so impossible here in SA I can't picture doing it in Germany!

Quoting cocoroo: I hope we don't have to stay in lodging long when we get there. We will have a family suite. It is a living room, small kitchen, and a bedroom. It will be my dh, my 16 yo dd, 13 yo son, 11 yo dd and myself. We need to find a house...quickly.
Quoting Molimomma:

adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I get it! We only have one car as one is headed to Oahu and about to take a freaking huge hit on selling the house.... Moving sucks! Feeling like I need cheese because I have been feeling whiney lately ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)