Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I am ridiculously happy

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son returned from his deployment yesterday. It was so good to hear his voice and know that he was safely back at his base.

When I received the email from the Obudsman a few days ago letting us know when and where, I seriously considered flying out there to welcome him home from his first deployment.

As a mom, it kind of broke my heart to know that he would be getting off the boat and while others would be surrounded by their families, he wouldn't have anyone. Then I started to think, that this may be the only deployment I could welcome him home from, especially if he does get married. His future wife would be the one to welcome him home next time.

In the end I didn't go, but was really happy to know that several of the families there welcomed the young single guys home and invited them over for a get together.

After I talked to him, one of the first things I thought of was that I needed to post about this here...haha

I cannot believe it has only been a year since he graduated from bootcamp, it feels like forever!

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RKL10
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Aww that's amazing my husbands best friend just got back from a deployment and we helped his mom out when she came out to welcome him! We drove her and stuff so she wouldn't have to worry about anything. Glad to hear he is home safe! You probably have a huge weight off your shoulders!
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM

YAY!

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Glad he is home!

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Oh, that's so great! Glad he is home. Is he taking post deployment leave?

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I am not 100% sure. But I think that is the plan. I think he wants to go back home to Texas and I have a strong feeling he will be getting married then too.

Quoting UCFknight:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Thank you!

Quoting violinjewel:

Glad he is home!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Oh that was so awesome of you and your DH. I bet that helped her out a lot.

Thank you, I am so glad he is home.

Quoting RKL10: Aww that's amazing my husbands best friend just got back from a deployment and we helped his mom out when she came out to welcome him! We drove her and stuff so she wouldn't have to worry about anything. Glad to hear he is home safe! You probably have a huge weight off your shoulders!

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Busy man! What fun. I hope the wedding goes off without a hitch this time!  I Remember your post awhile ago that it just wasn't able to happen before deployment.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I am not 100% sure. But I think that is the plan. I think he wants to go back home to Texas and I have a strong feeling he will be getting married then too.

Quoting UCFknight:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Yay!  Glad he's home:)

cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Glad he is home!  I get to see my son next week for the first time in almost 1 1/2 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)