Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Can this really be happening?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Last year my husband got a Vasectomy, this month I felt different, peirod is late and my boobs hurt so bad last week. Today I took two pregnacy test and they both popped up postive right away.. He never went and had his sperm count checked after wards and he also had complications after his surgery.  I think I am in shock, we was done having kids, Im about to graduate with my degree in criminal justice.   Is this possiabe? can anything else cause a positve test.. im not on any meds that I have heard could cause a postive test.. AND YES IT IS MY HUBBYS baby..  I am just looking for support because I am in shock at the moment. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Yeah because he didn't follow through with the testing.

Congrats
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Congratulations!!
JMmama
by Kara on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Congratulations!
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Cool
mnkymommy08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 3:35 AM
It is completely possible. Especially seeing as je didn't get his count checked after the procedure. It can take a very long time for his count to diminish. Especially if it was high to begin with. DH has a friend whose wife got pregnant 8 months after he had a vasectomy done and it was his baby. Congrats
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 10, 2014 at 5:53 AM

Congrats mama!  

UCFknight
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Oh my, of course it is possible. Why didn't he do the sperm count check six weeks after? They need to do it to confirm the procedure was a success, especially if he had complications.  Guess, I should say congratulations!?!

JulesFairy
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Totally possible. We had to do an extra sperm count collection because at 6 weeks post op there was still a presence of "non mobile" sperm and the doctors wouldn't consider it successful until there was 2 collections with "no sperm present." Congratulations?!
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 6:57 AM

If he never had his count checked after surgery, then yes, it could happen.  Sometimes doctors do a poor job.  I would double-check with your own physician, just to be sure, but two positive tests are a good indicator that you are pregnant.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM

My understanding is that there are no false positives...  congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)