Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

was I wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: Do I owe him an apology?

Options:

Yes

No job needed to get done.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

SO is due for deployment. Our child is 3. Pg 2, POA, and such paperwork needs to get updated to get ready. I had all day off so I got to his ship to pick him up to go fill out the paperwork. He said he would try but wasn't sure if he could. We don't have court documents stating custody and I am not demanding child support.

So I called his Chief (E-7). I politely informed him that he hasn't done his paperwork to be ready for deployment and he also needed to because he advanced. I asked him to send him down. Chief seemed annoyed, but the job needed to get done.

SO was pretty pissed at me.
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Beth on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM
He may have been busy. I dont know about Navy, but everytime my husband has deployed, they did all the steps together as a company goin to where they need to do the paperwork. An why does everyone go to command?
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

WHAT is wrong with you? Seriously woman? Fine it needs to get done but you just embarrassed him and stuck your nose in his job which doesn't concern you! Good luck being single... wow

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you with him or not? The child support and custody thing along with calling him SO is throwing me off.

But yes you were in the wrong.

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:17 PM

He's her baby daddy

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Are you with him or not? The child support and custody thing along with calling him SO is throwing me off.

~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Holy crumba! Yes, you owe him an apology- you really crossed the line on this one....
adoptivemomof1
by Mel on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:25 PM
It is rather confusing terminology...

Quoting mom2jessnky:

outtamymynd
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, you were wrong. Why did you call? You didn't trust him to get it done before he left?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG9lbs
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:27 PM
I don't see it as going to the command. The Cheif is a rank or 2 above him and our sons play together at the command picnics. No in the Navy I know there is no group thing. Everyone is on their own.

Quoting sahmw2010: He may have been busy. I dont know about Navy, but everytime my husband has deployed, they did all the steps together as a company goin to where they need to do the paperwork. An why does everyone go to command?
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I can't believe you are even asking. You know it is wrong. You knew it was wrong before you did it. 

twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM

How much time has he had to get it done? How long have you been waiting on it to be done? The Navy usually does not do it as a group. That is the person's own responsibilty. Doesn't matter if your son plays with the chief's son. Did you warn him first before you went to his command? And yes, you went to his command. His chief is part of the "chain" of command. I am not coming down on you for going to the command but if you didn't give him time and no warning, that is wrong. Why don't you try to apologize anyways and try a fresh clean slate? Maybe things will get done now. I understand the respect you want but don't push power. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN